Note9 no longer voice announces calls or texts from contacts marked favorite

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Formerly had Samsung Note 4; upgraded to Note 9. On Note 4, had configured phone to voice announce text messages and calls from contacts I had enabled as favorites (husband, daughter, son, DIL, other family members). So I would hear "Text message from Tom at Work" or "text from Heather". I had special ringtones for calls, to identify favorite callers. I used Samsung smart switch to transfer everything from old to new phone. But I can't figure out how to set up the voice announcing.

I found the voice assistant feature in the Accessibility Option and enabled that but just as quickly disabled it--I don't want every single key I press announced--that is just too much. Any help?

Gumby1978

Apr 18, 2019
Visit site
Settings, Sounds and vibrations, Answering and ending calls(at the bottom), read caller names aloud. I don't know how to choose which announced

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
But it works only Bluetooth for me
I meant I have these feature on when connected to a Bluetooth device

Last edited:

Russel Shouse

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
Settings, Sounds and vibrations, Answering and ending calls(at the bottom), read caller names aloud. I don't know how to choose which announced

Just to clarify this, open the phone app, and its settings and then follow above instructions. I went straight to the main settings and didn't find it, took me a min to realize i needed to open the phone app settings lol.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Just to clarify this, open the phone app, and its settings and then follow above instructions. I went straight to the main settings and didn't find it, took me a min to realize i needed to open the phone app settings lol.

Don't forget, you can select a key word and enter into the search bar at the top of settings. It's really handy, especially if one changes phones often or is not used to the phone they are using.
Settings menus differ, even with the same model phone from a different carrier. It's crazy...