Dropped my phone in tub with Epsom Salt

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
The phone should be fine. Just submerge it for a few minutes in a container of clean water. Avoid rinsing it under a faucet, because the pressure of the emerging water could exceed what the phone is rated to withstand.

I think Epson salt has magnesium as a component. So over time this probably with begin to effect the various components in your phone.
Washing it off, I agree, I really don't think this would help.
Best wishes

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I think Epson salt has magnesium as a component. So over time this probably with begin to effect the various components in your phone.
Washing it off, I agree, I really don't think this would help.
Best wishes

That can only happen if the corrosives enter the device which would only happen if water got inside. Most likely if water got inside there would generally be issues with it working. I can't guarantee it, but if it's gently rinsed off it should be fine.

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
It still amazes me every time I see a thread about someone dropping their phone in ________ (fill in the blank, toilet, tub, etc). I never have taken my phone into the bathroom. And that’s from the very beginning of phones, pre-Android,etc. :)
I got a pretty bad habit of taking my phone to the crapper.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Yea, I think you'll be alright. The charging port, speaker and mic areas would start to have any issues if at all.

I take my phone in the bathroom ever since I believe I every bought one. I've had my note 9 in the pool for short
periods of times taking pics of Grandkids.
The only thing that usually happens is that the charging port has moisture and it says to (unplug) and then I usually lightly blow dry it for about a minute, stick it on the wireless charger and in a couple hours it's fine.

Everything will be fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty