Galaxy Note 9 Bricked?? Help!

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi,
I hope someone can help me. I managed to get locked out of my new galaxy note 9 and decided to try to flash fresh software onto it. I have flashed phones a few times before and never had an issue.
Whilst the software was flashing in Odin it seemed to get stuck and so I used the shortcut to exit download mode and unplugged the USB from my computer thinking I could just try again. Since I have just had the phone stuck on a loop of a blue screen "installing system update", followed by "no command" and then a black screen which I have attached a picture of. I have tried all combinations of keys with no hope of entering download or recovery mode. If I hold both volume up and down as well as power button I get to the samsung loading screen but then this simply loops and goes back to what I described before if I release the buttons.
I really hope someone can help as it seems I have bricked by new phone. Sorry if this isn't the right place to post but I'm a new member here.
Cheers in advance,
John

What's on the black screen:

#Reboot Recovery Cause is [BL: Recovery mode set by key]#
E: failed to mount/cache: Invalid argument
Support SINGLE-SKU

Block based OTA
Supported API: 3

'MANUAL MODE v1.0.0#
E:Failed to mount /cache:Invalid argument
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_locale

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi,
I hope someone can help me. I managed to get locked out of my new galaxy note 9 and decided to try to flash fresh software onto it. I have flashed phones a few times before and never had an issue.
Whilst the software was flashing in Odin it seemed to get stuck and so I used the shortcut to exit download mode and unplugged the USB from my computer thinking I could just try again. Since I have just had the phone stuck on a loop of a blue screen "installing system update", followed by "no command" and then a black screen which I have attached a picture of. I have tried all combinations of keys with no hope of entering download or recovery mode. If I hold both volume up and down as well as power button I get to the samsung loading screen but then this simply loops and goes back to what I described before if I release the buttons.
I really hope someone can help as it seems I have bricked by new phone. Sorry if this isn't the right place to post but I'm a new member here.
Cheers in advance,
John

What's on the black screen:

#Reboot Recovery Cause is [BL: Recovery mode set by key]#
E: failed to mount/cache: Invalid argument
Support SINGLE-SKU

Block based OTA
Supported API: 3

'MANUAL MODE v1.0.0#
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_locale

Can you get back into download mode ?

johnwick27

May 19, 2019
Visit site
No thats the problem I cant get into download or recovery mode. Can't even turn off the phone it's just stuck looping unless I press volume up and down and power in which case I see the samsung loading screen but just goes back to looping after.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No thats the problem I cant get into download or recovery mode. Can't even turn off the phone it's just stuck looping unless I press volume up and down and power in which case I see the samsung loading screen but just goes back to looping after.

Catch it when it goes to the Samsung screen hold volume down and power probably Bixby also before it restarts

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
which carrier you on and firmware you try loading ? and what was the old version u had prior to trying to do this?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

If your still having problem with this PM me I'll give you some advice .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa