What is this area called and can I control it?

matt8445

May 23, 2019
Visit site
I am trying to figure out what that little area at the bottom of my switching between apps is called. I'm also trying to figure out if I can control it as to what apps show up or don't show up.

I have a samsung galaxy note 9.

Last edited by a moderator:

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I am trying to figure out what that little area at the bottom of my switching between apps is called. I'm also trying to figure out if I can control it as to what apps show up or don't show up.

Welcome to the forums. Do you mean the five icons at the bottom? If so that's the dock. I'm not sure how you can change them with the stock launcher. I'll move your thread to the Note 9 forum where it'll be easier getting help from other owners.

IMG_20190523_194053.jpeg

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site

You may be referring to the Suggested apps that appear at the bottom of the screen once you hit the Recents button. If you click the three dots in the top right while in the task switching screen, you can turn off the Suggested Apps, but I don't think you can edit which ones appear.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
You may be referring to the Suggested apps that appear at the bottom of the screen once you hit the Recents button. If you click the three dots in the top right while in the task switching screen, you can turn off the Suggested Apps, but I don't think you can edit which ones appear.

True you can turn them off but cant edit them .

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Get Nova launcher and you can do whatever you want with them. Edit, change, name, move, select... I kept brushing against the bottom edge and hitting apps, so I deleted them.

With Nova you are correct can do anything with icons but recent apps even in Nova cant be edited as it follows system settings, but Samsung Good Lock app can change recent apps to vertical and horizontal swipe and other things .