Texting Question

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I have gone in and out and I swear I'm missing something. In the default text app, why is my Edge not "learning" my text habits? For instance; I came from a Galaxy S3. On that phone when I typed the letter "i" it auto-capitalized it for me. Now I have to physically suggest it from the menu. Also, so far as I can remember, the phone is not "remembering" previous words, which allows you to say the same exact thing quickly over and over. Am I missing something?

Posted via the Android Central App

tbran

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I have gone in and out and I swear I'm missing something. In the default text app, why is my Edge not "learning" my text habits? For instance; I came from a Galaxy S3. On that phone when I typed the letter "i" it auto-capitalized it for me. Now I have to physically suggest it from the menu. Also, so far as I can remember, the phone is not "remembering" previous words, which allows you to say the same exact thing quickly over and over. Am I missing something?

Settings>General>Language and Input>Samsung Keyboard>Smart Typing

Predictive Text and Auto Cap/Punct. should be what you need.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note® Edge, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Settings>General>Language and Input>Samsung Keyboard>Smart Typing

Predictive Text and Auto Cap/Punct. should be what you need.

This phone is awesome. Not only did your suggestion work but I also was able to have the phone learn from my Facebook postings and text messaging posts. Pretty neat!!

tbran

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
This phone is awesome. Not only did your suggestion work but I also was able to have the phone learn from my Facebook postings and text messaging posts. Pretty neat!!

Cool, glad to help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte17