Edge now or wait for s6?

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Well as a note edge owner in can't say anything bad about it it's a beast of a phone what I do know is the note edge has way more functionality then the gs6 edge and it's a bigger phone which I love,go to bb and play with them both

Posted via the Android Central App

Bong Bubble

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I was debating that too until i tried a S6. The edges on the S6 even though it has 2 are not as usefull as the note edge. The edges on the S6 are barely edges compared to the note edge. If you do get a S6 get the UAG case cause this https://youtu.be/QozCc2wX85U yikes!

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I was debating that too until i tried a S6. The edges on the S6 even though it has 2 are not as usefull as the note edge. The edges on the S6 are barely edges compared to the note edge. If you do get a S6 get the UAG case cause this https://youtu.be/QozCc2wX85U yikes!

Lol never understood why people would never put a case on their phone then complain about the damage the one time they do drop it.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

Robster33

Banned
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I was after a second phone for private use, got a brand new note Edge for $680 Aud and for $15 made it a 64Gb. S6 Edge 64Gb here will be $1299. Easy decision for me.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I went through the same decision process and chose the N4 Edge. From what I read on the AC review, the 6 Edge edge feature isn't much of a feature while the N4 Edge is a lot more functional. You can hardly do anything with the 6s edge. There are actually a fair number (not a lot, but some) third party Edge apps for the N4, but nothing for the 6. And honestly, the N4 Edge looks awesome and it screams. My question is WHY do they still limit you to 16 icons on a large screen with huge pixel density???? I installed a launcher just to get more rows and columns. That is such a basic change to make use of all those pixels and area that it's just stupid this limit remains after so long.

itfromsg

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I am not a fan of the S6 Edge since I have a Note Edge. The Edge in S6 is only for design and does not have any use at all. Though i would have loved the body of the S6 Edge on the Note Edge as well. :)

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I am not a fan of the S6 Edge since I have a Note Edge. The Edge in S6 is only for design and does not have any use at all. Though i would have loved the body of the S6 Edge on the Note Edge as well. :)
With a Note Edge you have everything. Why would one with a Note Edge even contemplate the S6E unless they just want a more dimunitve phone...or don't like have SD access...or don't like the idea of having a removable battery...or worry about having the very best device (Note Edge) and want something lesser (like the S6E)? ...just doesn't seem logical. Perhaps I need more coffee.

📐from the too sliq side with the n.Edge✒🍧

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I have no clue why anybody is thinking i wanted the s6 edge, i never said the s6 edge just the standard gs6

Touché. Just a misunderstanding. TBH, given that the Note 4/Note Edge is available folks could just as easily wonder why you would want an S6. ...I know, I know...the Note 4/Note Edge are a little bigger.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The s6 doesn't actually have separate panels for the edges does it?
No. The S6E is meant to look cute, that's it. If you want functional awesomeness its the Note Edge you'll be looking for.

🔊sub bass radiation is an important comfort food 🎧 n.3

itfromsg

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
With a Note Edge you have everything. Why would one with a Note Edge even contemplate the S6E unless they just want a more dimunitve phone...or don't like have SD access...or don't like the idea of having a removable battery...or worry about having the very best device (Note Edge) and want something lesser (like the S6E)? ...just doesn't seem logical. Perhaps I need more coffee.

??????from the too sliq side with the n.Edge✒??????

I'm sorry but I do not want nor do I ever will want an S6Edge. Topic was asking between a NoteE or S6E. So I mentioned that I am not a fan but would like the sleek design of the S6E on my NoteE. I do not know how someone can misinterpret my post when it is directly answering the post query. ;-/

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry but I do not want nor do I ever will want an S6Edge. Topic was asking between a NoteE or S6E. So I mentioned that I am not a fan but would like the sleek design of the S6E on my NoteE. I do not know how someone can misinterpret my post when it is directly answering the post query. ;-/
Nothing is misinterpreted. I was just generally saying that if one has the Note Edge (which is the phone to have, if you can have it) why would anyone even know what the S6E is? It like being able to have a Bugatti but talking about Mustang. Okay, that wasn't nice. I'm not accusing the S6e of being a Mustang but the Note Edge is so dramatically more, IMO, it make the S6e kinda look like toy.

My post was almost saying that the S6e doesn't even deserve to be in the same sentence as the Note Edge. ...The S6e is a booger that doesn't deseve to be on the same snot rag as Note Edge.

Yes, I'm a bit opinionated on such things.

"Why is my S6 Edge's battery life s*cking?" threads are rampant.

📐🍷from the sliQ side of womb with the n.Edge🍶📏

Robster33

Banned
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Neither of the S6's do much for me, except they seem faster and smoother. If i did get one i wouldn't get the edge. I do like my Note edge screen but it isn't as smooth as my iPhone 6 even with Nova.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Neither of the S6's do much for me, except they seem faster and smoother. If i did get one i wouldn't get the edge. I do like my Note edge screen but it isn't as smooth as my iPhone 6 even with Nova.

The iPhone 6/6+ are very smooth devices. That may be because they're very simple devices. The iPhone doesn't have much going on (never has in my experience) yet the horsepower keeps increasing. That, to some, is a great thing. Android, depending on how its configured, can have a lot going on and, sometimes, smoothness is the cost for that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo