Lollipop has totally ****ed up my phone

Klauslaw1

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Contacts keep updating. Cant text and so on. I am furious. How can Android release an update that totally screws up your phone. Beyond aggravated.

Posted via the Android Central App

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Stay calm and we can help. First did you do a factory reset before updating or have you done one since updating? If not I would recommend that as a baseline course of action to clean things up. Next you can go about doing your Google stuff and then just do the Google updates first, then add your non-google apps to make sure they work properly, try one at a time. Its time consuming but so is dealing with something that is erratic.

The biggest issue is Google hands off Android (Lollipop) to the OEM's who then add their layer of cruft, make changes, and then the carriers (US) come along and want things disabled, removed, added, tweaked and then they have to test it for months and make more tweaks. So its not Google's fault, its not entirely Samsung's fault, but the Carriers have to meddle with something they should not in the first place.

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So far the major complaint is I haven't been able to text via the messaging app since Friday....had to switch over to hangouts. I'll be taking mine to the repair center for a hopeful fix.....I DOUBT IT THO!!!!!!!!

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
So far the major complaint is I haven't been able to text via the messaging app since Friday....had to switch over to hangouts. I'll be taking mine to the repair center for a hopeful fix.....I DOUBT IT THO!!!!!!!!

I haven't had any problems. Only problem I did have was that every now and then while in Face Book, the system would just crash to the home screen. But that only happened twice. So far I'm liking the update.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

Last edited:

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site
For right now problem resolved. ..Everything else in the update is great :)..just couldn't understand the messaging problems. ...but the tech that worked on my phone says hes been dealing with different problems per phone...mostly having to reinstall 5.0 fixes the issues hes been seeing

Sent from my Note Edge using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo