How to root your Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2

MCliftonRogers

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I am a novice but dedicated android user and have just purchased a wifi only Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2. Also use a Galaxy Note 3 Sprint smartphone. I am saving video clips from my Sony cam to the Note Pro and find it saves the files to the tablet's internal memory and not the installed 64 gig SD card. How do I get it to save to the SD card and not fill up the tablets internal 32 gig memory? I can find no settings on the Note Pro allowing me to use the SD card.

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I am a novice but dedicated android user and have just purchased a wifi only Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2. Also use a Galaxy Note 3 Sprint smartphone. I am saving video clips from my Sony cam to the Note Pro and find it saves the files to the tablet's internal memory and not the installed 64 gig SD card. How do I get it to save to the SD card and not fill up the tablets internal 32 gig memory? I can find no settings on the Note Pro allowing me to use the SD card.

Hi-

I haven't gotten a Note Pro 12.2 yet, but hope to get one just after Thanksgiving. The issue you're having is common to all Android 4 Rom users though, but has an easy work-around.

First, I don't know whether the Note Pro has a native file manager or not, but if not, download one from the play store.

Second, open the Gallery on your tablet and locate one of your videos. Using the tools menu (3 dots in the upper right corner) find out where this file is located under "Details". This should be in a folder labeled DCIM. This will be a location you should remember.

Third, open the File Manager, go to this folder you've located above, and then find a command allowing you to copy or move multiple files. Now copy this folder, select the location where you wish to keep this folder on your external Sdcard, then paste it. After doing this then go back to the original DCIM folder and delete the contents of the DCIM folder.

From this point on, any future contents of this folder should be moved rather than copied to the DCIM folder on the external Sdcard. I do this once a week.

On my tablet I use Mobo-Player to retrieve and play back videos. You can configure this program to search for, and be able to play back your videos easily.

Hope this helps.

Posted via Android Central App

Whitak3r

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
Is there a version out that works with 5.1 Verizon? I tried to find a root guide for it, but I can't find one. I was able to root it, before I applied the 4.4 update, but that seemed to undo it,and the towel root wouldn't work, so the i just updated to 5.1. Could I factory reset it to 4.1 or whatever it is, root, and then get a custom recovery and update it via rom and recovery? Thank you!