Have you ever just.....?

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
It's early Saturday night and I'm sitting at my desk. I've just spent the last hour rearranging all my screens on my tablet. I added, deleted, added back many icons. I'm using Nova Launcher so I clusterred some apps/icons and gave them a swipe action then decide to change back. I moved icons to different pages, tried new wallpapers and eventually went back to what I had. I did reinstall Dolphin browser after a 6 month absence. Configured it the way I needed. I don't know if I need professional help or does anyone else just do things on their Note Pro for the sheer enjoyment of using it with no real rhyme or reason?
There are times I don't want to do work, play games, watch videos, just want to see that beautiful device in action. It's almost an addiction!!!
Anyone else out there feel like that?
I was told that the 60's would catch up with me someday and I'm glad they did 😎😎😎😨😨😨

Posted via Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I also use Nova and I do that sometimes. The latest thing is tabs in the app drawer, but sometimes I can't find an app, so I may just get rid of them.

You remember the 60s? Then you weren't there. :) :) :)

Adoga

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I know how you feel, it is indeed an addiction that requires professional intervention. It happens to me too, just looking and messing around with the tab for no reason, downloading and installing unnecessary apps from the market even if you already have one. As a result of that, I ended up having to many apps. There are ones I haven't even touched for months coupled with the junk ones that came with my GNP.

The reasons for buying mine were to be able to take notes and do some drawings, watch movies, browse the web, some reading without that constant fan noise like in notebooks. But since I have it, I haven't actually been able to do some serious reading or drawing because of the unnecessary adventures you described above.

This is how I resolved or rather how I'm resolving it, it might help you too, though a professional help can be better and more effective - I thought of that myself too.

1) I decided to only have the apps I use frequently on my GNP. I started with removing all apps I didn't use for the past 4 months.

2) I made a routine list - things I would like to do, and I assigned an app each to them and I made a time table for that. Example: reading - KindleReader, Internet-Chrome, Video-Youtube, Drawing-Sketchbook Pro, Writing-S-Note etc. I then removed redundant apps excepting LectureNotes.

3) I made sure I had only one page and I configured the widgets I needed ( S-Note and Weather widgets on the homepage). I added the frequently used apps icons to that page, about 10 -nothing more and nothing less.

4) I decided to do with the default launcher - since last update its more responsive and I can live with that.

5) I configure the tab the way It should be - I think its going to remain that way for a long time.

6) I designed the papers I intended to use in S-Note and LecutureNotes for doing some writing and configured the apps to my taste.

7) I decided to pick up my tab only when I want to do something reasonable and it must be from the list I created.

8) And lastly, I reserved for myself half an hour and once a week to messing around or do any other thing that does not affect my settings.

Its difficult to keep, but I'm trying and its helping - I'm clean for two weeks now:cool:. I now do reasonable things on my tab. No more time wasted doing those things I used to do.

I hope it helps.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't rearrange my screens much but I'm CONSTANTLY scouring forums and looking for updated root applicaions and xposed tweaks to add features or change the way my devices behave. It's an addiction LOL. There is beer! . . . and wine . .. and scotch . . .

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
My main page and business page using Nova Launcher. 2014-12-10-20-14-28.jpg

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 2014-12-10-20-14-17.jpg
    2014-12-10-20-14-17.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 27

Forum statistics

Threads
Members