Printing with Samsung Tablets

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I actually service three different Samsung tablets; NP12.2, NP 10.1 and a new S3. Just recently we've had a situation where it would have been convenient printing directly to our printer (Epson 4550 multi-function with WiFi ). All are connected to the same WiFi system. We have all the Epson printing apps. We've never attempted printing from a tablet, so I was wondering if it really works. Is there a trick to it? Is there something people forget to check. Eventually, I can see all the tablets printing to the Epson.

Any suggestions or tips? Thanks in advance.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Cant see why not. Open file, find settings /options by tapping the file. You should have the option to print there.. (sometimes look in share to find print option). Once you selected print, the device will search for a printer. You may also have to download the plugin for printer from play Store. Once the device sees the printer you should get options to set up the job....

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info. Just wondering if this was a given or like when old standards were released but the same standard didn't work with all implementations of the standard.:D:-:p

Traylaw

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
To print from your tablet you will need to install a print service for epson printers. Go to setting -> more networks -> printer. Then select add plugins, this will take you to the play store where it lists various printer manufacturers. Once the plugin is installed you will probably need to enable it and let it find your printer
My wife and I print from our tables and phones all the time.
If your printer is a multifunction (scanner) you will also need to install the epson app to access the full functionality of you printer.