New to Android - VIRUS on a phone, seriously??

artaqaf

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
i still have my iPhone and am in the process of trying to pre-order my 1st Android phone...the Note.

i just came across a post about Android phones picking up virus' :confused:

is this for real? if so i guess i was spoiled with the iPhone in this regard.

how real of a threat is this? how often have you gotten a virus on an Android phone??

tx for any advice --- art.

blackjaguar25

Thunderbolter
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
It's not a huge threat. I personally think people are too uptight about what permissions apps need to run too. Just download apps at the top of the search results and you'll be fine.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
The amount of people that have gotten virus' on their android ever is most likely significantly smaller than the number that activate an android each week. It's usually from the non-official app market in asian locales.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Just remember no OS is immune. Just know your source and if it seems to good to be true, it is. Even iOS managed to let some malware through. I have used Android since '08 with the G1 and have never had a problem.

njr

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I have not had any viruses, but if you are concerned there is a great free app called Lookout

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Professor777

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
The Chairman of Google said the whole maleware threat was a scam to get people to buy anti-malware programs. The article was posted by Android Central and Android Authority a couple of months ago. As stated above, Linux is rarely affected by maleware - you could say the same frequency as Apple's OS.

Get a free program like Lookout and you'll be fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer