Current Note users, do you still love it?

hammey22

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I know how the first few weeks and months can be a novelty with a new device. How are you feeling about the Note after several months? Are you still glad you went that way? Do you recommend it to others? Or are you wishing you swapped it out?

I appreciate your thoughts, they may help me figure out if the Note2 will be my next device.

unglued94ta

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I know how the first few weeks and months can be a novelty with a new device. How are you feeling about the Note after several months? Are you still glad you went that way? Do you recommend it to others? Or are you wishing you swapped it out?

I appreciate your thoughts, they may help me figure out if the Note2 will be my next device.

It's important for you to know that I've had mine since April of this year. I still love it. Yes I'm still glad. I show it off to everyone I can. I especially love showing the iSheep all the cool features it can do after flashing the official lrg build of ics.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

hammey22

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Good to know, thanks for your feedback!

Anyone else willing to share?

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Good to know, thanks for your feedback!

Anyone else willing to share?

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

I'm unabashedly a Note enthusiast. I've had a smart phone since their inception but never worked with apps, I'd click on the internet and the phone and that was it. But I've always wanted a large screen. When I got this phone, the more I explored the more I loved it. And like Unglued and others, it's so much fun when I'm out and about when people ask me about it and they can't believe it's a phone. Then I get to answer how I'm writing on it, how to get one, etc. I didn't think I'd ever need another phone.... now I keep seeing reviews of the Note II..... when I can upgrade, I will. I never would have thought they could get this phone more perfect, but they went above and beyond anything I could have hoped for with the Note II.

anon(156377)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I love this phone and always will. I can take notes on the fly, take a screen shot and highlight items and send it to a friend. Also sign and edit important documents on the fly as well as get clients signatures on the fly.Watch and record a video at 30fps in true 1080p! Read books and magazines online without squinting. Browse the web fast with LTE and get all-day battery life too boot. It's always the talk of the party!

Sent from my Galaxy Note.

Pinmac

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Had mine only a couple of months, came from an HTC Desire. Love the huge screen and the vast amount of RAM etc compared with the Desire. There's nothing out there I'd swap it for, Note 2 excepted. The only downside for me is the battery life which I find poor. As I'm not happy to keep opening the phone up to swap out the battery, I've bought an external power source and have used that when necessary. Absolutely no regrets though.
I would definitely check out the size of the Note 2 in your hand though.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I've had my note for about 2 months and I enjoy but it is a little big with a case. Its not to noticeable in the pocket unless ur bending over/squatting a lot or on a holster. I for one would like something more in the 4.5-5 inch range now. The note is awesome for watching videos/games/browsing. Screen is decent. Battery life for me is about the same I got on my nexus and razr about 2.5-3 hours screen on time. U have to look at what u use ur device for. A lot of browsing Facebook YouTube almost using it as a mini computer? Using it more for maybe checking email and some texts and calls? U want the best screen or battery life is a concern I'd look elsewhere. I personally am praying for a razr maxx HD type of device to come to att because I care more about battery life than anything really.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

randall2580

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I have had mine since the AT&T Feb release date and there isn't a phone around (ok - perhaps the Note2) that I would trade this for. IMHO it's the best phone I have ever had. You get so spoiled by the extra screen area. I had mine go for service last month and had to use a GNexus in that time and it's a very nice phone - but it's not the GNote, even 4.8" seems small now :)

I am a big guy and don't notice the extra heft of the Note at all, fits in my pocket just fine.

I have been saying since the day I got it, you take it out anywhere and folks want to know what it is. You tell them "It's Galaxy Note" and they always ask the same questions, how do you deal with a phone that big - and what carrier has it. I always turn it around and wonder how they deal with a phone so small, especially next to the iPhones even the new one doesn't come close. Battery life isn't as good as some of the other Android phones but I keep an extra battery with me JIC and chargers in my car and on my desk, gets me through the day.

No regrets here - its Note or nothing for me!

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I have had mine since the AT&T Feb release date and there isn't a phone around (ok - perhaps the Note2) that I would trade this for. IMHO it's the best phone I have ever had. You get so spoiled by the extra screen area. I had mine go for service last month and had to use a GNexus in that time and it's a very nice phone - but it's not the GNote, even 4.8" seems small now :)

I am a big guy and don't notice the extra heft of the Note at all, fits in my pocket just fine.

I have been saying since the day I got it, you take it out anywhere and folks want to know what it is. You tell them "It's Galaxy Note" and they always ask the same questions, how do you deal with a phone that big - and what carrier has it. I always turn it around and wonder how they deal with a phone so small, especially next to the iPhones even the new one doesn't come close. Battery life isn't as good as some of the other Android phones but I keep an extra battery with me JIC and chargers in my car and on my desk, gets me through the day.

No regrets here - its Note or nothing for me!

I just LOVE the "its Note or nothing" part! I was at Home Depot tonight and a customer asked a clerk to find out the price of a mower. Just for kicks, I stayed in the background, opened my Home Depot app and I showed him the mowers... I found the price before customer service. Of course, then I had to explain what it was and where to get it. They were both thrilled to hear the next Note is going to be on all the major carriers. I've NEVER had anyone say it's too big! BTW, I'm 5'3" and still find the Note comfortable. People hand me their phones to look at a picture or website and I immediately squint. The only phone I'd trade this one for would be a Note 2 or 3 or 4.....

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes I still love the Note.
I was an iPhone user for years and never thought I'd go android but the Note was too tempting.
I've been using mine for the last 3 months and there is no way in hell I'd go back to an iPhone.
It really is the best phone on the market at least until the new note is released.
But even then, it will still be a great phone to use.
I'm not 100% sure I'm gonna upgrade to the new note yet as I am not sure the improvements would benefit me much.

razortaz18

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I got mine a week ago and I absolutely love it, however I really miss the large hacking community the GNex (my previous phone) has.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

SGS2 SA

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Have been using my Note since Dec-2011, looked at Note2 and do not believe the few improvements justifies the expense, the Note is still awesome and by far best smartphone I've used to date.

ATT.Fan1982

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I got my Note back in May and I don't have any regrets at all about this $500 purchase. The screen size is AWESOME and the s-pen features make this device pretty much an all-in-one device for me. I haven't used my laptop since May, although my desktop gets just as much screen time as my Note does. I purchased the international N7000 Note because I didn't like the snapdragon processor in the AT&T version BUT now that they are leaving the Samsung processor in the US version of the Galaxy Note 2, I'm anxiously awaiting December when I'm due for an upgrade through AT&T! Christmas 2012 will be GREAT for me! :)

Stallione

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
My father bought a G-Note exactly 22 days ago!!...And I was like.... NOO Way???.....why-no-me-god? It was a superphone even though I was a great fan of Nokia high-end smarts and was using a Nokia 701.
BTW I helped my dad to update it to 4.0.4 and customize with accounts, apps, features and all an OMG I was getting into it more than my father! At the end of the day, I came back to my phone and I was like...what happened to this phone?...It was that small! (3.5" display) :confused:
Nevertheless my father got "addicted" to the Note and saw that it was really "addictive". :)
So....he bought me another G-Note :cool:
Ever since Im enjoying my Note and still getting continuously impressed by its capabilities!!
As Im a Time-pass gamer, and a reader, internet surfer and all, the big 5.3" screen is all for me and man-o-man all the software and games! and hardware capabilities and......I could go on saying.... :-*

A little customization with Nova Launcher Prime and all makes it my "Lap -all over the- Top" smart device! YES!! I LOVE IT
And I know I havent done even a 10% of what I can yet, hence still getting impressed.

I know the Note2 is out now but for my current needs and "show-offs" my Note GT-N7000 is more than enough!
Attaboy Samsung Note!!

Stallione

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
My father bought a G-Note exactly 22 days ago!!...And I was like.... NOO Way???.....why-no-me-god? It was a superphone even though I was a great fan of Nokia high-end smarts and was using a Nokia 701.
BTW I helped my dad to update it to 4.0.4 and customize with accounts, apps, features and all an OMG I was getting into it more than my father! At the end of the day, I came back to my phone and I was like...what happened to this phone?...It was that small! (3.5" display) :confused:
Nevertheless my father got "addicted" to the Note and saw that it was really "addictive". :)
So....he bought me another G-Note :cool:
Ever since Im enjoying my Note and still getting continuously impressed by its capabilities!!
As Im a Time-pass gamer, and a reader, internet surfer and all, the big 5.3" screen is all for me and man-o-man all the software and games! and hardware capabilities and......I could go on saying.... :-*

A little customization with Nova Launcher Prime and all makes it my "Lap -all over the- Top" smart device! YES!! I LOVE IT
And I know I havent done even a 10% of what I can yet, hence still getting impressed.

I know the Note2 is out now but for my current needs and "show-offs" my Note GT-N7000 is more than enough!
Attaboy Samsung Note!!

mark1914

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I have had my Note for about two weeks. I like the screen size and apps. I'm not a fan of the size or lack of a notifaction light. If I wore jeans a lot the size wouldn't bother me. I'm a PE teacher and wear shorts/sweats year round. I also coach. Having the Note on me during school,practice or games is a hinderance. Yes I shouldn't have a cell phone on me during those times but sometimes I have to be accessible to parents. Other than that the Note turns heads and is a great convo starter.

fairycorpse

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I've has mine for a month now. I still love it. Went through some "glitchy " phase. Occasional black screen, freezing, deleting ring or notification tones... I got advice & and that fixed it.

Doing great now. No regrets. Paid full price, well worth it.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall