Skyrocket's Full Specs

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Don't have a link, but I was under impression that the exynos was not compatible with the LTE radio?
Maybe the 1.5 is a tick slower than 1.2 exynos, but should be close enough anyway, right?

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I could care less what chip it has in it. It will make very little practical difference. What will be a difference is how much faster the data is on this phone in an LTE market. 12 to 15 or more mbps down! Yes, that is as fast as some home internet speeds! I doubt I will care about an Exynos or OMAP or Qualcomm processors when I am streaming as fast as wifi or using Tango to see my kids at live speed anywhere not just hooked up to wifi! (provided I get to keep my unlimited data) lol!

Battery Life will be more important to me than the processor.

Bring on the Skyrocket!

I have an Atrix 2 with a OMAP dual core and had the SGSII with a Exynos dual core which I returned because I live in DFW and suspected a Samsung LTE was coming in November. The Atrix 2 got a 2500 on Quadrant and the SGSII had a 3500. In terms of practical use and "snappiness" I could not really tell a difference or a slight edge to the SGSII, not enough to keep you up at night. Most Reviews says the the Atrix 2 say it is plenty snappy enough and the UI is very fluid. Do not get wrapped around the axle before you even see the phone for yourself...I would take slightly less paper performance for a better battery life!

GravityDroid

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I could care less what chip it has in it. It will make very little practical difference. What will be a difference is how much faster the data is on this phone in an LTE market. 12 to 15 or more mbps down! Yes, that is as fast as some home internet speeds! I doubt I will care about an Exynos or OMAP or Qualcomm processors when I am streaming as fast as wifi or using Tango to see my kids at live speed anywhere not just hooked up to wifi! (provided I get to keep my unlimited data) lol!

Battery Life will be more important to me than the processor.

Bring on the Skyrocket!

I have an Atrix 2 with a OMAP dual core and had the SGSII with a Exynos dual core which I returned because I live in DFW and suspected a Samsung LTE was coming in November. The Atrix 2 got a 2500 on Quadrant and the SGSII had a 3500. In terms of practical use and "snappiness" I could not really tell a difference or a slight edge to the SGSII, not enough to keep you up at night. Most Reviews says the the Atrix 2 say it is plenty snappy enough and the UI is very fluid. Do not get wrapped around the axle before you even see the phone for yourself...I would take slightly less paper performance for a better battery life!

I live in DFW as well! :)

Can't wait to get a hold of this device. I'm glad I held off on getting the regular GS2. I've had nothing but to-go phones my whole life, I highly doubt I'm going to care about what this thing has inside of it making such a large transition.

coreymcl

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
I also live in the DFW area and am torn between this phone and the Galaxy Nexus if and only if the GN also has LTE included. While I have already been told the GN will not include LTE, I can still hope. We'll know soon.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I also live in the DFW area and am torn between this phone and the Galaxy Nexus if and only if the GN also has LTE included. While I have already been told the GN will not include LTE, I can still hope. We'll know soon.

So true! The screen resolution on that Galaxy Nexus is gorgeous! It will be hard to hold off on the Skyrocket if the initial reports are good. I plan to wait a week or so to see how it plays out. ( if I can hold out that long!)

Last edited:

chmcke01

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I live in Kentucky and have very little hope of getting LTE anytime in the next two years. I have AT&T and I am eligible for upgrade in right at one month and was having a tough time choosing between the Galaxy Nexus and the Galaxy S2 (original), but now I have to also consider this.

Which phone is the best overall? My main complaints with the Galaxy Nexus is the lack of Gorilla Glass and the fact that I am told its GPU is FAR inferior to the one in the Galaxy S2.

Any help anyone can give me in choosing a device would be greatly appreciated.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I live in Kentucky and have very little hope of getting LTE anytime in the next two years. I have AT&T and I am eligible for upgrade in right at one month and was having a tough time choosing between the Galaxy Nexus and the Galaxy S2 (original), but now I have to also consider this.

Which phone is the best overall? My main complaints with the Galaxy Nexus is the lack of Gorilla Glass and the fact that I am told its GPU is FAR inferior to the one in the Galaxy S2.

and the Nexus doesn't have removable storage...that kills it for me, I use up 16GB with Video alone and I'm constantly off loading my pics and vids.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

Have you seen the video of the galaxy nexus? That thing absolutely flies! Do not be fooled into thinking that it has an inferior GUI or whatnot such as gg. I always use a good screen protector anyway. The camera although 5 megapixel has 0 shutter lag. If you have a decent phone now, I think you owe it to yourself to wait until the new year to see if the galaxy nexus comes to at&t. 32 gb of storage is enough for my needs.

Just my .02 cents!

ChrisM47

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
The Nexus made me zzz other than ICS the device wasn't that impressive for something so hyped.

Last edited:

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
The Nexus made me zzz other than ICS the device wasn't that impressive for something so hyped.

That's the point...ICS. Some like hardware more, some like software. Some want the latest updates which you get with Nexus. You might see ICS someday on your sgsII...in time for your next upgrade in two years! lol!

Hard to tell about a phone before holding it in you hands IMHO.

Last edited:

ChrisM47

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
That the point...ICS. Some like hardware more, some like software. Some want the latest updates which you get with Nexus. You might see ICS someday on your sgsII...in time for your next upgrade in two years lol!

I agree but for the amount of hype it had I feel like the hardware specs didn't live up to it.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
That the point...ICS. Some like hardware more, some like software. Some want the latest updates which you get with Nexus. You might see ICS someday on your sgsII...in time for your next upgrade in two years lol!

By next year we will all want flexible screens...:) Samsung Flexible AMOLED Display at CES 2011 - YouTube

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJEHp15Hoo0[/YT]