Weird Text from AT&T (maybe?)

soloz2

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
I didn't get anything yesterday. I did try and manually update Sunday through settings and it showed I was already up to date.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

skigoddess

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Anyone tried to do a manual update under settings?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Yeah, like probably twice a day. I had been getting the messages that there was an update last week but now it's saying I am up to date.

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Does anybody know that if I install the new version of aokp on the skyrocket can I receive the update when it comes out?

Ronnie2

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I got the text too but I'm on CM9, so no way to tell if its just a fluke message or whatever.

You cannot get OTA updates using a custom rom, only the stock unrooted firmware will update.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Do you think its worth it to install aokp I'm thinking about doing it later today.

Lucidmike

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Seeing how SGH-I777 got the update via Kies, unrooted people should be able to see if they've released the update. I hear it should be any day now.

piczon1983

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I am not rooted but the previous owner of the phone installed one of the earlier leaked builds on the device. Would I still be able to get OTA updates on this phone?

blweldon2

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm enjoying a leaked ics build, but I am anxiously awaiting the official release. I will probably just do a reset to 2.3.5 through kies before I upgrade to the official ics.

Ronnie2

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Do you think its worth it to install aokp I'm thinking about doing it later today.

Ya it doesn't take long to flash the stock rom with Odin should the update get released soon. But thats up to you :)

As far as running a leak and getting the update, I don't think that its possible but I honestly have no idea there. Best bet would be to flash the stock rom when the official ICS is released and update.

KMeastcoast

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I just joined androidcentral today. Apologies in advance if I make any typical newbie errors.

I received the text this morning on my at&t Avail (aka the ZTE 990). I guarantee that at&t was not sending me a text to update to ICS. This phone is Android 2.3 Gingerbread. It is not upgradable to 3.0 and definitely not to Android 4.

Not sure how to take a screenshot on my phone, but here is the full text message:

1111487600: IMPORTANT SOFTWARE UPDATE: AT&T is providing a critical software update for your device. Please follow screen prompts

No, there was no period at the end of the text. I checked "AT&T Software Update" in settings; my phone is already up to date. No idea if this text is a scam of some sort.

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
This is skyrocket thread I have absolutely no idea what device you are using but I'm sure there is a thread pertaining to your device.

blweldon2

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
This is skyrocket thread I have absolutely no idea what device you are using but I'm sure there is a thread pertaining to your device.

He was simply stating that he got the same message on a completely different device. I believe it was relevant to the situation.

heyitsmarky

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I just got my Skyrocket today, after my friend showed me his, so I am pretty psyched about the phone as it is, so crossing my fingers for the update! :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38