latest ICS UCLF5 leak

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
hi guys. just wanted to share my experience with the latest UCLF5 ATT leak... works perfectly, and also, compared to the previous two leaks the battery life has been greatly improved. I'm attaching some screenshots here so if anyone wants to give it a shot here is the link UCLF5 -- Update AT&T Skyrocket to Latest ICS Android 4.0 Build
I've been using the SkyICs rom from xda, but all versions of it had serious problems, mainly with the modem. I've tried flashing five different modems the issues I had were: the GPS at some point could not lock, then there were moments when people couldn't hear me at all. and some other software related things. so i came to the conclusion that the problem was in the heavy modifications of the stock ROM. not with the actual radios. also from reading forums for other popular custom roms I've seen people have various issues too. (even with the CM) I'm running this UCLF5 stock, not rooted and its working great. I need all functions on my phone to work especially GPS. and unfortunately custom ROMs is a no go for me at this point... anyway I've attached the pics so if anyone wants to give it a shot let me know what you think. thanks!
b6t5rp.png

2v9rpsz.png

1e54r6.png

rgarcia900

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I've been on it since yesterday and also enjoying better battery life. No issues so far...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SKYROCKET using Android Central Forums

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
yep. I think the official update is imminent and the leaks are getting better and better, this one is absolutely problem free (so far). and is definetely a keeper until an official release, also noticed a stock browser has been a bit enhanced with a couple more options.

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Love it so far. Better than UCLE2 build by far...I was having major network issues while AT&T is building their LTE network in my area. Had to constantly restart my phone to not have issues. Like the new google search

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

bap2510

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Will this leak work if I'm already rooted? Sorry for the newbie question. Can I use titanium backup to backup and restore apps and data?

blweldon2

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Heck yeah! Apex launcher has scrolling wallpaper when used with this leak!
Face Unlock is wonderful and smooth too. Here is my current ICS home screen.
screenshot2012062614481.png

Aceroller

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
When you flash this, it will remove the root. No need to unroot it yourself. :)

OK.....last last question: It says that it erases your data, but not the SD card. Does that mean it does not earse both the SD card and the external SD card?, or does it just not erase the external SD card? cause I have a bunch of data on both. Thanks.

bap2510

May 3, 2012
Visit site
I just flashed it and did not realized that it would remove the root and I'd lose all my apps. I was running the NexusMod. How can I root this and if so when I reinstall Titanium Backup will I get all my apps restored or am I kind of stuck? Pretty bummed right now. Thanks in advance.

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else notice when you go to the APN is now "phone" and your network type is bouncing between HSPA:11 HSPAP:15 and UTMS:3. I know what they are but I'd it suppose to be doing that? AT&T said its a legit APN. Anyone?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Aceroller

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Wow......this is really smooth, and I love how it looks. They really upgraded the native email client (I had not heard about that).........really enjoying the ICS features.....also very easy to install. SWEET......why wait?

cookstouch

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I loaded ICS UCLF5 two days ago it has been running smooth, battery life is way better, but my Wi-Fi keeps shutting off. Any suggestions

Cookstouch

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87