Want to Upgrade from Gingerbread to Jelly Bean

johnmarlo1

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I have no idea whatsoever about what all is involved with upgrading my Skyrocket's software. I've tried to read through these forums and links and more links, but I am just not techie enough to figure it out. Could someone please give or link to step-by-step instructions (in English :) ). Rooting, flashing, etc are not in my vocab, so it's hard to figure all that out.

I have an ATT Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket stock with Gingerbread 2.3.6. I'd like to upgrade it mainly to be able to use/download current Apps. It seems from what I've read that the last update usable on the Skyrocket is Jelly Bean (according to the info from SamMobile - which I downloaded). I'm willing to give it a try, but like I said I would greatly appreciate some instruction.

Thanks in advance, John

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have no idea whatsoever about what all is involved with upgrading my Skyrocket's software. I've tried to read through these forums and links and more links, but I am just not techie enough to figure it out. Could someone please give or link to step-by-step instructions (in English :) ). Rooting, flashing, etc are not in my vocab, so it's hard to figure all that out.

I have an ATT Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket stock with Gingerbread 2.3.6. I'd like to upgrade it mainly to be able to use/download current Apps. It seems from what I've read that the last update usable on the Skyrocket is Jelly Bean (according to the info from SamMobile - which I downloaded). I'm willing to give it a try, but like I said I would greatly appreciate some instruction.

Thanks in advance, John
The easiest ways to update would be to check system settings > about phone > software updates. If there's nothing there, then download and install Kies - check that to see if there are updates available.

If still nothing, then you might need to root and flash a custom ROM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non