Should I upgrade from my Pixel 2 XL ?

Av3da

Nov 1, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I've just been browsing the forums (and a whole host of reviews) to try and figure out if I should get myself a Pixel 4. And if so what flavour to go with!

I currently have a pixel 2 XL, and previously I had a pixel 2. I ended up upgrading because I wanted extra screen size, thinking I might watch movies etc but actually don't do that too much. Mostly I use my phone for taking a whole load of photos... And I do find the XL a little cumbersome for taking pics one handed!

I am wondering a bit about the battery life of the 4 rather than the XL. Reading here it seems it's not as bad as some reviewers are making out... Typically I charge my 2 XL overnight and sometimes during the day, and I'm rarely far enough away from a charger to panic! :)

Is this going to be the same on a 4?

I'm really hoping that my reason to upgrade is the camera, everything I've read says that it's fab - but what do other users think? Is it enough of an upgrade from my pixel 2 XL to make the leap???

All thoughts and experiences welcomed :-D

Lubna

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I have gone from 2 XL to 4 XL.
The experience is notorious.
The 2 XL had more battery life but not so much.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I've just been browsing the forums (and a whole host of reviews) to try and figure out if I should get myself a Pixel 4. And if so what flavour to go with!

I currently have a pixel 2 XL, and previously I had a pixel 2. I ended up upgrading because I wanted extra screen size, thinking I might watch movies etc but actually don't do that too much. Mostly I use my phone for taking a whole load of photos... And I do find the XL a little cumbersome for taking pics one handed!

I am wondering a bit about the battery life of the 4 rather than the XL. Reading here it seems it's not as bad as some reviewers are making out... Typically I charge my 2 XL overnight and sometimes during the day, and I'm rarely far enough away from a charger to panic! :)

Is this going to be the same on a 4?

I'm really hoping that my reason to upgrade is the camera, everything I've read says that it's fab - but what do other users think? Is it enough of an upgrade from my pixel 2 XL to make the leap???

All thoughts and experiences welcomed :-D
If you normally have access to charging battery life is not much of a concern if any at all. If you can wait a bit there might black Friday deals. I recall last year some that pre-ordered were disappointed that the didn't wait.

pappy35

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I just got my 4XL and came from a 2XL. With my usage (the biggest variable) my 2XL ended each day with about 10%-15%. So far the 4XL ended its first full day with 31% (I don't charge during the day at all, ever). Assuming your experience will be the same, the battery life is better (not accounting for 2 years of battery degradation mind you). The phone is, to me, better in every way and I'm happy that I got it. Take that for what it's worth.

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
If you normally have access to charging battery life is not much of a concern if any at all. If you can wait a bit there might black Friday deals. I recall last year some that pre-ordered were disappointed that the didn't wait.

Last years BF deal - Pixel 3. Pretty sure the BF Pixel 2 deal was the same.

bf.JPG

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I upgraded 2XL to 4XL and no regrets. I usually keep 2 phones so my P2XL is now my second phone. I left all my banking apps on that so that I can use the fps with them.

I like face unlock and it is smooth. The camera is excellent and has features from the pixel 3 that we missed out on, like topshot. The screen is really good (not that I had issues with the P2 XL screen) and my battery life is ok. But I spend most of my time by a wireless charger anyway.

I am a heavyish user. I can get over 5 hours SOT easily from it doing mixed use, including videos. It is kept on wifi most of the time.

I am pleased with my upgrade.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I used to upgrade every year just to keep up with all the new innovations. Not seeing enough innovating to entice me these days. My pixel 2 still runs as new so can’t justify the cost. Also, really not into all the gesturing navigation required. My pixel 2’s battery Also lasts all day and then some. I can easily hang till next year then I’ll take another look. Plus, and a biggie for me is a finger print reader. I hope that comes back next year.

Av3da

Nov 1, 2019
Visit site
Well... Seeing the responses here is making me more convinced I should upgrade. I am in a situation where I can buy the pixel 4 almost for free as I have vouchers to spend... I just need to figure out if I should spend some extra cash for the XL or not.

Certainly the responses here are positive though :) which is good :-D

Even4steven

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded from the 2 XL to the 4 XL Phone is great, battery life is awesome, face unlock is a better way to go, feels great in the hand, much more more fluid.Screen brightness and colors are big upgrade over the 2 XL

I also got a $450 credit from Verizon for trading in an old Moto phone, that made this a no brainer for me.

Not a second of regret for me

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos