Hi im New

ihotshot

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi people, I just switched from a Blackberry Bold 9700 to a Samsung Galaxy s2 (just deleted crackberry bookmark) sorry...

I downloaded this navigation program for my car, how ever i want to know if its bad for the battery if i have the car charger plugged in while using the navigator for a long time?

Also any tips on charging? I found essays on charging buts it doesnt really get to the point.

Hope you guys can help.

Cheers

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Welcome aboard! You'll find a lot of former BB users here, including me! :) I don't think keeping your phone plugged in while using navigation is going to hurt the battery because the drain caused by the navigation app will likely keep it from charging to 100%. I'm far from an expert though, so someome else will chime in with a more definitive answer.

I charged my Infuse to 100%, drained it to 10%, then did that 2 more times and my battery lasts me 10 hours with moderate use. Someone else will give you more tips on this too.

Congratulations on getting a new S2! :)

SparksLTD

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Keeping the charger plugged in will not damage your phone or battery at all. In fact its better for your battery to kept topped up since your phone and many phones use lithium batteries.
Lithium batteries "prefer" not to be run down, so its best to keep if topped up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress