Samsung Galaxy S2 (UK) Unlocked vs AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2

H_D

Mar 2, 2009
Visit site
Hello everyone.

I am about to purchase either a Samsung Galaxy S2 (UK) Unlocked version or an AT&T SIM Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S2 version. Are there any advantages the (UK) version has over the (AT&T) version? TIA

palandri

Apr 30, 2009
Visit site
I just got an unbranded/unlocked Samsung Galaxy S2 from NewEgg here in the states. Is the UK version unbranded and unlocked? The AT&T version will have AT&T bloatware loaded on it. From my understanding, cases for the international version vs the AT&T version are different.

That's all I know, I am still a real noob with the new phone.

D-Caf

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
The ATT version has NFC inside while most unlocked version (UK) do not. But, currently the NFC can't be used inside the ATT version (well maybe with a custom rom). Most of the dimensions are the same, but the international versions have a hard key and two soft keys while the ATT version has 4 soft keys.

As stated ATT version has ATT bloatware and Samsung Bloatware, Unlocked just has Samsung Bloatware.

Shonzz

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I have the unlocked version (UK) that I purchased from Amazon and LOVE IT!!

Advantages:
iPhone like home key (huge difference to me)
No Bloatware, NONE
Native Tethering Ability active out of the box(I have an unlimited plan and I use it quite often and have not received any notifications from AT&T, but I'm sure that I'm not getting anywhere near 5GB a month)
Contract open to use on something else when I feel like it.

I'm telling you, I've had every phone out there and this one is the bomb, hands down. The only problem that I've had with it has been the keyboard problem that Swiftkey had with the native email app on Samsung, but that just got resolved a few days ago and it finally works like it used to. I find that there's a lag in getting the screen to come on once you hit the home button that's kind of annoying, but that's the best I can come up with as far as a problem on this phone.

When I took the phone into AT&T to get it activated, the crew were all over it and kept saying that they wished they had this phone over the model that they have because of the home key being on the front rather than the side.

Hope that helps....