Any issues so far?

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Nothing widespread has popped up across the web that I've been able to find. I've been checking pretty much daily. So far so good in Europe and users on ATT&T's network.

It's possible that I overlooked some sites but thats all I can really offer. Maybe someone else will chime in with more info.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I have read of it some GS2's having screen problems. The screen has been getting a yellow tent!!! Similar to the Yellow tent of the GS1. But it is not wide spread.

Source

Mattism78

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
The main complaints I have read about are yellow screen, dead pixels, wifi signal, and most of all battery life.

That being said, I've had mine almost two weeks now and couldn't be happier. I've had zero issues.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
The main complaints I have read about are yellow screen, dead pixels, wifi signal, and most of all battery life.

That being said, I've had mine almost two weeks now and couldn't be happier. I've had zero issues.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk.

it is strang to see battery life mentioned when one of my most trusted resources for android information ;) reviewed it and said it has great battery life.

maven1975

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Samsungs social hub causes my phone app to crash when trying to call contacts I have stored. Once i stopped using it, the phone has performed beautifuly!

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I have had two issues thus far. Both have been discussed on Androidforums.com.

First is random restarts. Mine has done this three days in a row. No idea what is causing it. The second issue is due to Wifi Sharing. When wifi is on, wifi sharing will start itself and consume a huge amount of battery. No solution has been found other than routing and disabling.

Both of these issue's however, seem fixable through a firmware update. Normally, I would have returned the phone already, but I am loving the GS2 so much I am just going to deal with it.

Wonderwebb#AC

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Samsung galaxy s2 problem

Hi I have had my galaxy s2 for just over a week I had an iphone3g before and am really pleased with android so far. The problem I have found is in relation to stereo bluetooth. While driving I usually transmit to my stereo via bluetooth while doing this I have found that the phone cuts out the music every so often which really spoils the music.
By chance I found the solution and it turns out to be that if the wifi is switched on it is causing the problem with wifi switched off no cutting our whatsoever.
This is ok for now when in my car 3g is ok.
Might be a problem at home if I want to use bluetooth and wifi at the same time.

It be really useful if someone with this phone could tell me if they experince the same problem with wifi and bluetooth at the same time.

Cheers wonderwebb

mfriedman79

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Hi I have had my galaxy s2 for just over a week I had an iphone3g before and am really pleased with android so far. The problem I have found is in relation to stereo bluetooth. While driving I usually transmit to my stereo via bluetooth while doing this I have found that the phone cuts out the music every so often which really spoils the music.
By chance I found the solution and it turns out to be that if the wifi is switched on it is causing the problem with wifi switched off no cutting our whatsoever.
This is ok for now when in my car 3g is ok.
Might be a problem at home if I want to use bluetooth and wifi at the same time.

It be really useful if someone with this phone could tell me if they experince the same problem with wifi and bluetooth at the same time.

Cheers wonderwebb

I found the cutting out with wifi on is only a problem when I am not connected to an access point. It seems that when it cuts out every few seconds when the phone checks for an available AP. So in theory you should have no problems with bluetooth at home while on wifi :)

maven1975

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Well, it's been two weeks and I have to say I am totally satisfied with this device. I am seriously critical on my phones and always look to compare them to iPhones. I know that's what you want to hear in an Android forum, but I want to be honest.

I have had and felt underwhelmed by the Hero, Evo and Epic. I never felt like those devices had things together. Poor battery life, reset issues, interface lag, poor applications etc.

I can tell anyone lurking this thead from a true Apple fan, this device puts the stomp on iOS and iPhone. The only missing piece to the puzzle is the fragmentation of the market when it comes to games. This whole Tegra Zone BS is not the way to go. And knowing Samsung, even though they have an absolute winner on their hands, will not go out and get the exclusives and proper ports for their chipset. They are/will be working on SGS 3. This, is the ONLY reason to stick on iOS now.

I still have my i4 and have loaded iOS 5. There is nothing new there and iCloud only offers yet another paid avenue for Apple to get your money.

So, bottom line, and I can't believe I'm saying this... I'm sticking with Android!

Mattism78

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Well, it's been two weeks and I have to say I am totally satisfied with this device. I am seriously critical on my phones and always look to compare them to iPhones. I know that's what you want to hear in an Android forum, but I want to be honest.

I have had and felt underwhelmed by the Hero, Evo and Epic. I never felt like those devices had things together. Poor battery life, reset issues, interface lag, poor applications etc.

I can tell anyone lurking this thead from a true Apple fan, this device puts the stomp on iOS and iPhone. The only missing piece to the puzzle is the fragmentation of the market when it comes to games. This whole Tegra Zone BS is not the way to go. And knowing Samsung, even though they have an absolute winner on their hands, will not go out and get the exclusives and proper ports for their chipset. They are/will be working on SGS 3. This, is the ONLY reason to stick on iOS now.

I still have my i4 and have loaded iOS 5. There is nothing new there and iCloud only offers yet another paid avenue for Apple to get your money.

So, bottom line, and I can't believe I'm saying this... I'm sticking with Android!

I couldn't agree more. Have had my SGS2 for roughly 3 weeks and it just keeps getting better. I sold my iP4 and I'll never look back.

ryan373

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Guys I have a SERIOUS problem with mine...

I bought my Samsung Galaxy S2 from amazon UK but many of the apps are not appearing in the market, even popular ones like Skype, Whatsapp, ..., when I try to download it after scanning the bar code I get the message "Item Not Found".

FYI in the settings of the Android Market the filter for the Apps is set to "High Maturity" and I tried to change it to show "Everything" but I think it gets reset to "High Maturity" when I close the settings.

So I figured if I reset the Sales Code I could unlock everything.

However when I tried the solution (#*272*IMEI#) on my phone I cannot change the sales code option, I tried pasting the code XSG but when I click Install I get a message "Must be THREE chars."

Please help me to find a solution for this, I dont want to look for each app in softpedia or other websites so I can download popular apps. :(:(

Also do you think rooting the phone could be another solution?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95