Galaxy Buds storage

Bolt_of_Thunder

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering what your opinions are on how to store the Buds. I am curious because it seems like putting them back in the charge case after every use can degrade the battery quicker over time. In comparison to only charging them when the battery gets low. I usually only use them for short periods of time.

This also led me to wonder if these will automatically turn off on their own after a period of non-use (if not in the charge case). I didn't find anything in Samsung's literature. I was thinking of storing them in a drawstring baggie from a previous set of bluetooth headphones until they needed to be charged.

Another thing I couldn't find is how long it takes to charge the case and the Buds themselves.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm wondering what your opinions are on how to store the Buds. I am curious because it seems like putting them back in the charge case after every use can degrade the battery quicker over time. In comparison to only charging them when the battery gets low. I usually only use them for short periods of time.

This also led me to wonder if these will automatically turn off on their own after a period of non-use (if not in the charge case). I didn't find anything in Samsung's literature. I was thinking of storing them in a drawstring baggie from a previous set of bluetooth headphones until they needed to be charged.

Another thing I couldn't find is how long it takes to charge the case and the Buds themselves.

Erm i just put them in....i have a Plantronics 3420 Edge and i have owned it for almost a year.and it mostly stays in thr charging case.no problems.

mundo472

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
For the small battery improvements you MIGHT see, you lose one of the best parts of the buds; the instant connect when you open the case. Lithium ion batteries are said to deteriorate after two years in any case, so these things are not like a wired set that will last until long after you're sick of them.

twisted_mind

May 7, 2017
Visit site
For your first question I can say from experience my airpods batteries are shot over usage for the past 18 months. So not expecting any miracles from these buds either in similar use case.
As for the charge time, the case with buds in it takes about 2 hours from drained state. Much much longer when charged wirelessly with a Samsung fast wireless charger. Sometimes the wireless charging continues to show red on the case despite an entire night of charging. I use an anker powerport which has 2 fast charge ports so that's what takes me roughly 2 hours of wired charging.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress