Reasons to pick up a S10+ over a Note 9?

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Phone ain't big enough.
The cardboard is bent on the sides and partly on the top.
That's about as best as you can do in the sun.

And taking off your sunglasses to see the screen causes more problems.

Guess you are already a AMA member and belong to a club.

daninbluemd

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Maybe I'm missing something and I don't mean any offence, but I don't understand questions like the op's. To me, you buy a Note if you need/want the stylus. Otherwise, get an S series or any other manufacturer's phone. The first time I saw a Note, I had to have one because of the stylus & I use mine many times a day. Otherwise, is there any reason to have a Note?

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Maybe I'm missing something and I don't mean any offence, but I don't understand questions like the op's. To me, you buy a Note if you need/want the stylus. Otherwise, get an S series or any other manufacturer's phone. The first time I saw a Note, I had to have one because of the stylus & I use mine many times a day. Otherwise, is there any reason to have a Note?

Who made that rule.

You buy a note. Cause it's a nice phone.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Yes but the S pen is the main selling point of the note series. That and the larger screen. Screen size is no longer a factor, which just leaves the S pen. Just about any reviewer will say that unless you use the pen, it doesn't make sense to pick a note over say an s9.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes but the S pen is the main selling point of the note series. That and the larger screen. Screen size is no longer a factor, which just leaves the S pen. Just about any reviewer will say that unless you use the pen, it doesn't make sense to pick a note over say an s9.

The new Bluetooth pen is used for taking pictures.

And for writing when you have no paper or pen with you.

Its just another tool in the tool Box.

If you got a desire to go buy a new phone.

Its only money .
get yourself a new phone.

And the screen on the S10 is a little smaller.

https://www.sammobile.com/2019/01/17/should-i-upgrade-from-galaxy-note-9-to-galaxy-s10/

At the price the phone will cost.
I'd wait for the Note 10.

That might be longer than you can hold out.

The phones seems like they are going to hit at over 1000.00

Think the Phone MFG has pushed their prices about as far as I can see them pushing.
But they keep raising the prices.
Why cause people keep forking out the money.

And the 5G won't be available.
So what are you really Gaining.

Not to mention the 5 G service is gonna cost more.
Not willing to pay for that either.

I have the money to get whatever I want.
But I think I have reached the limit of what I want to pay.
Let the phone sales go down and that might change.

Might start looking at Chinese phones.
And see what I can learn about them.
And what I can pick one up for.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
No reason... has a hole in the screen.
This. First device series since the sd free design several years ago that I skipped. Not sure how they thought this would be an idea to sell more phones. Seems along with price, these could make their sales decline more, instead of increase.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The new Bluetooth pen is used for taking pictures.

And for writing when you have no paper or pen with you.

Its just another tool in the tool Box.

If you got a desire to go buy a new phone.

Its only money .
get yourself a new phone.

And the screen on the S10 is a little smaller.

https://www.sammobile.com/2019/01/17/should-i-upgrade-from-galaxy-note-9-to-galaxy-s10/

At the price the phone will cost.
I'd wait for the Note 10.

That might be longer than you can hold out.

The phones seems like they are going to hit at over 1000.00

Think the Phone MFG has pushed their prices about as far as I can see them pushing.
But they keep raising the prices.
Why cause people keep forking out the money.

And the 5G won't be available.
So what are you really Gaining.

Not to mention the 5 G service is gonna cost more.
Not willing to pay for that either.

I have the money to get whatever I want.
But I think I have reached the limit of what I want to pay.
Let the phone sales go down and that might change.

Might start looking at Chinese phones.
And see what I can learn about them.
And what I can pick one up for.
I think they may hit an elasticity wall this time.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
New devices are always on the horizon. As someone who would be upgrading from a Nexus 6P that is showing its age at an accelerated pace, I've been tempted by "Techtober"; especially with the fact that I've realized that stock Android is rather boring.

As soon as I heard that the Note 9 was coming with a 4000 mAh battery, I thought my decision was made. But now with big changes supposedly coming to the 10th anniversary phones, I'm wondering if I should wait even more. I've never owned a Note, so it would be convenient to use the S-Pen when I need to, but the rumors surrounding the S-line phones have me excited.

Sure, having a bezel-less phone would be cool in terms of content consumption, but what has me excited is the possibility of the display being shatterproof, much like Motorola phones of a few years ago. I'm also hearing that the S10+ will also have a 4000 mAh battery, and coupled with the 7nm SD 855, battery life and efficiency *should* be fantastic.

I don't have the funds to upgrade every year, so whatever I get, I'm sticking with for the next three years, at least. 5G won't be widespread for a while, and anyway, I'm hearing that the 5G variant of the S10+ will be a Verizon exclusive (of course 🙄). I want to be as future proof as possible. Which phone would be a better buy for me next year, once the prices drop?
Samsung phones will never be battery efficient unless they make Pixels again. Samsung adds so much "stuff"

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Samsung phones will never be battery efficient unless they make Pixels again. Samsung adds so much "stuff"

Even with so much stuff it has the best battery of all my phone's by a mile , only other phone is probably the Huawei mate pro

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
They are, in recent articles which I can't find but did read, bixby beat down siri google assist and alexa in a show down. Also in that article they stated that samsung will be spending 22 billion on bixby over the next 2 years.

Found it.

https://www.afr.com/technology/did-samsungs-bixby-just-beat-out-siri-alexa-and-google-20181107-h17n1y

Does not change the fact that nobody wants Bixby. Same as LG with their ThinQ nonsense, just leave it guys!

Re the OP. I am actually weighing up selling on my Note 9 512 before the S10 hype really hits. I really like the Note 9 but with Samsung skipping the notch it sometimes feels like it is the final of the last (with bezels) generation whereas the S10 looks to be one of the first of a new no bezel/no notch line. I have never really used the sPen that much and the sPen does sometimes rattle when you tap on that side of the screen which given I am slightly fussy about such things does bother me!

If you can I'd suggest waiting for the S10 and making your decision then. I'd also expect the S9 price to drop like a stone pretty soon so that could be the bargain buy!

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
A Phone is Like a toolbox.
The more tools you have, they more options you have.
You don't have to use all the options everyday.
Its the one time that you may need it.

I don't want another Samsung Phone.
As you know I don't like Bixby.
I will not be buying me a Samsung phone.
So unless my OL wants a new Samsung Note.
She has learned Samsung phones.

She uses the stylist when she needs to take notes and she don't carry a Pen and paper with her.
The stylist is a Bluetooth and you can use it to take pictures.
Another thing you didn't use your phone for.

YOu don't need a reason to buy the S10 when it comes out.
All you need it Cash.
Put yer name on the paper.

Nobody knows everything about a phone that hasn't even been released yet.

They don't make a perfect phone that I can find.
And a lot of phones, they don't even offer what other phones offers.

Sure between now and June there are gonna be a lot of offers from Phone compaines.
I was gonna look at a Huawei phone.
Got a lot of people that said they are nice .
And has a great camera.
Know the U.S. government don't want a lot of people to sell them.
But there is people that has them and likes them.
Said they don't cost as much as Samsung.

And I like having a Phone that is Unlocked.

Last edited: