Samsung S10+ might persuade me to get it

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Just make sure to check if the supposed incompatibility with screen protectors is true for the S10 because of the in-screen FPS. That might be important unless you don't care about protecting your screen.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Just make sure to check if the supposed incompatibility with screen protectors is true for the S10 because of the in-screen FPS. That might be important unless you don't care about protecting your screen.
I hate screen protectors. I've never used one and for over 10 years I've never had a problem.

uvarules

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I hate screen protectors. I've never used one and for over 10 years I've never had a problem.

Have to agree. Put one on my S9 just for grins and really don't need it. None for 15 years before that and never a noticeable scratch or ding.

Peace of mind, sure. Needed probably not...

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I just go for the thin film one. I'd rather replace a $2.50 piece of plastic than a $150+ screen or live with scratches that would drive me nuts.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I just go for the thin film one. I'd rather replace a $2.50 piece of plastic than a $150+ screen or live with scratches that would drive me nuts.

I go with the cheap rubbery ones. I never believe anyone who says their phone doesn't get scratches, it's inherent in the glass.

I just hope they make an active version.

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if there will also be a fingerprint sensor on the back as well and the in screen fps?

Thanks

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the response was hoping for the option of having either one on the device

I think there was a rumored S10E version with the FPS on the side, but I can't remember if it's confirmed or not. But no, you won't get two scanners on a single phone.

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I think there was a rumored S10E version with the FPS on the side, but I can't remember if it's confirmed or not. But no, you won't get two scanners on a single phone.

Sorry if this sounds like a silly question but I use my fps to get into some of my banking and PayPal apps, will the onscreen fps affect that in any way being that the app will be open on the screen?

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if this sounds like a silly question but I use my fps to get into some of my banking and PayPal apps, will the onscreen fps affect that in any way being that the app will be open on the screen?

While we don't know that yet because the phone hasn't been released......but my guess is the onscreen FPS will work the same as any other FPS and authenticate the same way.

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
The fact that you can't remap Bixby turns me right off. I've never had a Samsung because the hecticness of their software has always made me nauseous.

SuperLeakTX

Dec 15, 2018
Visit site

Well, unfortunately there is only one kind of P.E.T. hard plastic screen protector works, But it sucks

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rabruslik