Breaking up is harder than it looks..... Iphone ---> S10

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
What phone are you rocking now?

I've had my Note 8 since preorder launch and this being my first Samsung device I have been pleasantly surprised that, since first month, I've gotten all the monthly updates (at worst a few days into the next month) as well as the OS update of course. And Youtube performance tests between Note 8 beta OneUI vs Note 9 Pie show the 8 only a tick slower in performance. I'm getting my moneys worth out of my 8... and it only cost me $460 (corp account). ;)

It is a crapshoot though because I'd read the S9 weren't getting monthly updates for months after launch while the Note 8 was still getting them. You'd think the 9 owners would have been the ones to be left behind once the new flagship was out. funny.

Of course I wish we could get the updates as fast as the Pixel but we are talking Samsung here and that would be asking too much lol.

I'm willing to get another Samsung from my experience when time is right. I like the S10 and +... but honestly enjoying my 8 still that I'm not salivating over it enough yet to want a new phone.

At the moment I am using an iPhone XS Max.

callihan_44

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I switch back and forth between apple and android phones, for me it comes down to apple= works great but boring and hate itunes....android= make the phone yours with tons of customization with occasional hiccups but with the freedom to access files easily on the phone...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I switch back and forth between apple and android phones, for me it comes down to apple= works great but boring and hate itunes....android= make the phone yours with tons of customization with occasional hiccups but with the freedom to access files easily on the phone...

I assume you use iTunes for personal music ?

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
So I preordered the S10. I have always been a must have the latest and greatest. I have been a long time Apple supporter although I did test drive a S8 before returning it because of the lag and factory installed junk. When the new Iphone came out it was more of the same lousy minimal upgraded features from my X.

After seeing the S10 I decided I may break up with Apple again. Not easy to do! Just so used to iOS but really going to give it a try again. The camera, screen, little features like fingerprint scanner over face id among others will at least get me to test drive this new beauty.

Anyone else considering leaving Apple for this new device????

Yes, me. iPhone XS Max to the s10 plus. Been back and forth through the years but lately I’m mad at the direction Apple is going and probably will leave the ecosystem. I just bought a MacBook Pro Vega 20 $5k a few months ago and regret that.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Re: iPhone XS Max to S10 Plus - anyone else making this move?

Yep it is a huge draw when friends and stuff have iMessage -- mainly for sending video without insane compression.

Yep which is why I went back. But there are ways around it like google drive. So will have to use that more often now.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Yep which is why I went back. But there are ways around it like google drive. So will have to use that more often now.

Yeah there are definite work arounds but those are a bigger pain to do. I am a heavy Google user but it was extremely rare for me to send a video that way whereas with iMessage I will gladly send since it is easy for me but most importantly it is easier for the person on the other end.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

Whatsapp works well with sending nice vids on Android. Thats what I use.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Let us know how your test drive goes, and when your new S10 comes!

There seem to be a lot of users who have switched from Apple to Android - so you will be in good company here!

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

Yeah there are definite work arounds but those are a bigger pain to do. I am a heavy Google user but it was extremely rare for me to send a video that way whereas with iMessage I will gladly send since it is easy for me but most importantly it is easier for the person on the other end.

Sending a link for a video in Google Photos takes me the same amount of time as iMessage. The issue is it's not a sophisticated feeling workflow. Lol

Mushkie11

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site

Thats EXACTLY what I am nervous about. iMessage is awesome and crushes sms messaging

Mushkie11

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site

So I golf. a lot. and work with swing coaches and everyone who films has iphone. Getting those videos messaged to me when I had Android in the past was painstaking. Why can't that be fixed?

Mushkie11

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Same. I have jumped to the Pixel 2 which I really enjoyed. The previous Samsung I had maybe S7? was awful so much bloat and lag issues. I hated it. Really hoping for a diff experience. I love new tech products though! I lease on Sprint so I can upgrade after 12 months.

Mushkie11

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Breaking up is harder than it looks..... Iphone ---> S10

Have no need for any type of smart watch.I love watches and i returned my smart watch after 3 days. I have never used the Face Id feature on my X.

Mushkie11

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Couldn't agree more. iPhone is so just boring. Very clean and efficient but so boring. I don't use iTunes and barely facetime. I think the ONLY thing that pains me is the iMessage and videos being sent from iPhone to Android are crap.

Mushkie11

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site

Whatsapp works well with sending nice vids on Android. Thats what I use.

The issue is getting all of my family on iMessaage to download whatsapp. In a perfect world I would never use messages and just use whatsapp.