Which screen protectors are "Certified by Samsung" to work with the fingerprint sensor?

LilSweetLin

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
I read somewhere that screen protectors must be certified by Samsung in order to use them on the S10 screens. Do we have a list of the ones other than Whitestone Dome?

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Which screen protectors are "Certified by Samsung" to work with the fingerprint sensor?

Oh really I haven't heard that but I did get an email from Zagg about their protectors and I usually just use Zagg invisishield the girl puts them on for me at the kiosk in the mall and does a good job. she said they had ones in for the S10 plus that would work. I wouldn't mind having a white stone if I had somebody that I use theirs before and put them on and you had to do it perfect LOL

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: Which screen protectors are "Certified by Samsung" to work with the fingerprint sensor?

Thanks for posting this. I also read that screen protectors will work with the FPS, provided they are certified by Samsung. Now if only Samsung would release a list of certified screen protector manufacturers.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site

Just read an article right here on AndroidCentral about this.

https://www.androidcentral.com/does-galaxy-s10-fingerprint-sensor-work-screen-protectors

Basically, only plastic screen protectors or the Whitestone Dome will work. Any protector that leaves an air gap (like most tempered glass protectors do) may not allow for proper transmission of the FPS sound waves to your finger. Oh well.

I bought a cheapo $9 glass screen protector off Amazon. I'll try it out. But if it doesn't work, I'll have a Spigen NeoFlex ready to go as well. Fortunately, that's equally cheap and Spigen specifically states it works with the FPS.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site

Here's the aforementioned cheapo screen protector I ordered:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6475509

It mentions that it has adhesive on the touchscreen area itself, not just the edges. If it can minimize the airgap (and hopefully not create any rainbow/halo effects), maybe it'll work with the FPS. I will let you guys know on March 8!

...unfortunately they're out of stock right now. But I'm guessing they'll have a new supply before our phones get delivered.

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site

Yeah I haven't seen any tempered glass other than whitestone...yet.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site

Just read an article right here on AndroidCentral about this.

https://www.androidcentral.com/does-galaxy-s10-fingerprint-sensor-work-screen-protectors

Basically, only plastic screen protectors or the Whitestone Dome will work. Any protector that leaves an air gap (like most tempered glass protectors do) may not allow for proper transmission of the FPS sound waves to your finger. Oh well.

That article that talks about screen protectors also says that the phone comes with one pre-installed.

FredGraham3

Mar 25, 2019
Visit site

Galaxy S10 plus fingerprint sensor no longer works after installing Whitestone. Zero response from Whitestone. Not happy at all. Do NOT believe the hype about this screen protector.

WizeGuyDezignz

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site

Galaxy S10 plus fingerprint sensor no longer works after installing Whitestone. Zero response from Whitestone. Not happy at all. Do NOT believe the hype about this screen protector.

I never believed the hype about that screen protector period, even before these phones.

It's a cheap glass screen protector like all the rest of them, but their gimmick is that they include some adhesive glue and a cheap little light. Because of that perceived extra value, they charge $50+ for something that most likely costs under $3 to produce. $5 max.

Sure it works better than a $8 tempered glass screen protector most of the time on most phones, but I don't feel it's worth 5 times the price. That's just me.

lindajm22

Mar 15, 2018
Visit site

My FPS is NOT working with the Whitestone Dome that I installed yesterday. It took a million attempts just to get through the entire process of registering my prints and now it will ONLY open my phone after a LOT of attempts if I wet my finger, and even that is not working most of the time. The pre-installed Samsung screen protector was much better and work almost flawlessly but mine got all scratched up so I took it off. Now I'm ready to just go without anything just so it works.

And to answer any questions of how I installed it, I followed exact instructions and I did put pressure on the FPS for over a minute while curing. It came out looking perfect like they always do, it just won't read my fingerprints. This is not the first time I've installed these.

DLIVINGS

Jul 7, 2017
Visit site

The pre- installed ones are now on sale at Samsung (2 pack/$19.99)

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

I don't even believe that the Whitestone Dome is "Certified by Samsung" at all. :-\

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty