Launching Samsung Pay

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Quick question, I'm using Nova Launcher and it appears I can only open Samsung Pay by swiping from the very bottom up on the lock screen only, is any one else seeing this? On my S9+ I could do it on the lock screen and when my phone was unlocked as well but now it seems it's only on the lock screen. Just wondering if I'm missing something, thanks!

djlee0314

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Quick question, I'm using Nova Launcher and it appears I can only open Samsung Pay by swiping from the very bottom up on the lock screen only, is any one else seeing this? On my S9+ I could do it on the lock screen and when my phone was unlocked as well but now it seems it's only on the lock screen. Just wondering if I'm missing something, thanks!

I'm using Nova as well. Go into the actual Samsung Pay app, then go to settings, then Favorite Cards and you should see options there. Hope that helps!

Attachments

• 5385.jpg
    5385.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 36

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm using Nova as well. Go into the actual Samsung Pay app, then go to settings, then Favorite Cards and you should see options there. Hope that helps!

Thanks for that, I did have all of the settings turned on, I couldn't even see the gray bar that hovers at the bottom of the screen. I reset the app and now it appear to be working although I have to place almost my entire thumb on the very bottom and swipe up to get it to launch. On the S9+ I could just used the tip of my thumb to launch it, maybe it will get better with more use.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Don't know what the deal is but the gray bar to launch samsung pay at the bottom keeps disappearing from my home screen. As a work around I have it launching with guestures in Nova Launcher settings... maybe a bug with using Nova as my launcher?

bradcnyc

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem. I can get the bar to come back by doing what djlee0314 suggests above - but it disappears again shortly thereafter. Hopefully Nova will fix..

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem. I can get the bar to come back by doing what djlee0314 suggests above - but it disappears again shortly thereafter. Hopefully Nova will fix..
Thanks for replying, at least I know it's not an issue with my phone and just a bug.

Bionic_Pags

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site

Same problem here as well! I think it started right after the newest Nova Prime update. S10+ here.

lindajm22

Mar 15, 2018
Visit site
I am using Nova and just tested this and I am not seeing this happen if I put Samsung Pay on the home screen. I can't use it there though because it messes with the new navigation gestures from the home screen so I have it turned off, it kept opening SP when I meant to go Home. So I don't think it's a Nova issue.

luxaflex

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I am using Nova and just tested this and I am not seeing this happen if I put Samsung Pay on the home screen. I can't use it there though because it messes with the new navigation gestures from the home screen so I have it turned off, it kept opening SP when I meant to go Home. So I don't think it's a Nova issue.

It looks like the swipe up card disappears after you push the "|||" at the bottom. I use Nova as well and just upgraded to Beta but still same issue as well.
Extra annoying as the dock often disappears each time you swipe up. Any clue how:

1. You stop the dock from disappearing in Nova when swiping up?
2. How we can keep the credit card tab at the bottom from disappearing after you push "|||"

Bionic_Pags

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
So I just received a message back from Nova, as I emailed them about the issue... They state this is an issue on all 3rd party launchers that Samsung needs to fix... Must be with their new One UI... I doubt we'll be seeing that fix any time soon...Screenshot_20190310-195426_Gmail.jpg

lindajm22

Mar 15, 2018
Visit site
It looks like the swipe up card disappears after you push the "|||" at the bottom. I use Nova as well and just upgraded to Beta but still same issue as well.
Extra annoying as the dock often disappears each time you swipe up. Any clue how:

1. You stop the dock from disappearing in Nova when swiping up?
2. How we can keep the credit card tab at the bottom from disappearing after you push "|||"
I totally see what you are saying now! I use navigation gestures so I didn't see it.

But there are ways to get around it that are just as convenient to open Samsumg Pay as it is from the home screen. I mapped a button press of the Bixby button to open it and it's so convenient. And you can still use it as a swipe up from the screen off and the lock screen. At least until it's fixed, if ever.

luxaflex

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I totally see what you are saying now! I use navigation gestures so I didn't see it.

But there are ways to get around it that are just as convenient to open Samsumg Pay as it is from the home screen. I mapped a button press of the Bixby button to open it and it's so convenient. And you can still use it as a swipe up from the screen off and the lock screen. At least until it's fixed, if ever.

Good point from lock screen it still works.
I also changed Bixby to Pay using specific credit card.
Anyone know how you stop dock from disappearing when swiping up on Nova?

lindajm22

Mar 15, 2018
Visit site
Good point from lock screen it still works.
I also changed Bixby to Pay using specific credit card.
Anyone know how you stop dock from disappearing when swiping up on Nova?
What do you have assigned to the swipe up gesture in your Nova settings? I'm guessing you have "toggle dock" there.

luxaflex

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
What do you have assigned to the swipe up gesture in your Nova settings? I'm guessing you have "toggle dock" there.

Ha, good thinking but unfortunately I do not. Have all the swipes set to None.
If I swipe up from the center of bottom task bar "O" the Dock disappears and I have to go back into settings to toggle it back on. Any suggestions?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer