Any tips on how to keep the phone from unlocking when in pocket?

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
Accidental touch does not seem to work. Enable it, then lock your screen. Put your finger over the proximity sensor and with other hand double tap screen. It still wakes it up. Similarly to when aod is still always on even if sensor is covered.

I think this is an issue of being an early adopter of the new first gen inbuilt screen proximity sensor.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I've disabled double tap and flip to wake long time ago! It'd happen mainly at the gym in my shorts oddly enough. It drove me nuts!!!

lockexxv

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Just set your phone to a secure method. Require FPS, or PIN/Pattern to unlock it. Nothing accidental will happen in your pocket. Your thigh can't possibly unlock your phone by one of those methods.

No, this still doesn't help. I have a complex pattern to get into the phone, but it still can click the "Emergency Call" button and that gives access to the dialer where you'll open your phone to see 91142654404343 etc. being dialed.

I turned off nearly every new advanced gesture and it's fine now. Those were annoying, anyway.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No, this still doesn't help. I have a complex pattern to get into the phone, but it still can click the "Emergency Call" button and that gives access to the dialer where you'll open your phone to see 91142654404343 etc. being dialed.

I turned off nearly every new advanced gesture and it's fine now. Those were annoying, anyway.
I turned off App Short cuts in settings >lock screen no accidental pressing dialer or camera .

lockexxv

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I turned off App Short cuts in settings >lock screen no accidental pressing dialer or camera .

No, I mean even with those disabled, the "Emergency Call" option is still there and I don't think it can be disabled. That's what gets hit, which also opens the dialer, etc.

AntiFlipWallet

Aug 15, 2019
Visit site
FIXED!!!

I found the fix! Thank the lord, because this was very annoying. (I'm using A50, not sure if this fix will work for S10 and A70).

You can re-enable the double-tap and lift to wake, you can even re-enable on body detection, fingerprints, trusted location and gear(smart watch, headphones etc) unlocking methods, because none of them are the issue.

The issue is Samsung decided to ship the phone with flip wallet automatic unlock enabled.

To fix it:
Go into settings -> scroll down to advanced features -> click accessories -> turn off automatically unlock on flip wallet.

I have not had the issue since I changed this setting, I have double tap to wake and lift to wake both enabled. I have face detection on. I even have smart-lock on for my galaxy watch and a trusted location.
I am not using finger scan(too slow) or on body detection(don't need it, nor do I trust it), but have also tested them and they work fine after this change.

This single handedly fixed the issue for me after weeks of searching the web and trying different settings. So thank you Samsung for shipping the device with an obscure setting that very few people will use enabled!

Cheers, please spread this so that others can find out.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Re: FIXED!!!

I found the fix! Thank the lord, because this was very annoying. (I'm using A50, not sure if this fix will work for S10 and A70).

You can re-enable the double-tap and lift to wake, you can even re-enable on body detection, fingerprints, trusted location and gear(smart watch, headphones etc) unlocking methods, because none of them are the issue.

The issue is Samsung decided to ship the phone with flip wallet automatic unlock enabled.

To fix it:
Go into settings -> scroll down to advanced features -> click accessories -> turn off automatically unlock on flip wallet.

I have not had the issue since I changed this setting, I have double tap to wake and lift to wake both enabled. I have face detection on. I even have smart-lock on for my galaxy watch and a trusted location.
I am not using finger scan(too slow) or on body detection(don't need it, nor do I trust it), but have also tested them and they work fine after this change.

This single handedly fixed the issue for me after weeks of searching the web and trying different settings. So thank you Samsung for shipping the device with an obscure setting that very few people will use enabled!

The only option under accessories for me is Fast Charging.

Lecrae116

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I have the s10 plus and the only option I have is fast charging.
7eaa9c4ec586b76b6eda94eba3355c20.jpg

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

To fix it:

Flip wallet is not a setting or option in the Verizon S10+, at least not that I can find. Thanks for trying though.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea. I have tried to get a phone to unlock in my pocket and I've always been unsuccessful.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
How do you remove the camera and phone app icons from the lock screen? I can't seem to find any way to do this in settings.

Am I missing something?

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site

The only option under accessories for me is Fast Charging.

Same here for s10 because I don't use the flip wallet cover. My wife does on her s10, and she has those settings under Accessories. It's an app that is downloaded to allow additional flip cover settings.