Rank the Samsung S-line flagships!

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
It's tough to rank the S10 as it's impact is still evolving, so right now I have it third.

1) S6 Edge Plus
2) S7 Edge
3) S10 plus/S10e
4) S2
5) S8
6) S4

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
S2 the evergreen phone and then may be S10, S9 to some extent.

None of the others made any impact on me (have owned every version), mainly because of software which recently Samsung has got on top of.

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Great thread!

For me it's:

1. S6 edge / S6 edge+ - probably still the most beautiful phone ever designed
2. S3 - pushed the boundaries of how thin, light and feature-packed a phone can be
3. S8 / S8+ - paved the way for the all-screen trend to go mainstream and was also extremely beautiful

Can't accurately rank the S10 line since that's what I'm using right now and it'll probably be biased. When I'm over my honeymoon period I'll probably look back and rank it fairly but most likely not until I upgrade.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
It's tough to rank the S10 as it's impact is still evolving, so right now I have it third.

1) S6 Edge Plus
2) S7 Edge
3) S10 plus/S10e
4) S2
5) S8
6) S4

While each iteration hasn't been without it's quirks like the heaviness of the Samsung skin over Android and trying to throw every imaginable feature whether it was ready or not, the GS10+ has been the best thus far. I I would rank the remaining in reverse order of ownership having owned Galaxy devices back to the GS3 but skipping the GS5. Each Galaxy device has gotten better with each iteration. Things really took off with the major design language choices of curved edges and less intrusive Samsung skin over Android.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
S4 will always be no.1 for me.i remember rooting the phone and it was crazy.it was so fast at its time.like so darn fast.just sad the battery couldnt keep charge anymore...

osubass1

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
after using 6 different BlackBerry phones, I went to Best Buy ready to buy a Sony. when I got there, I played around with the S3 and it was so dramatically better than the Sony, I got it and have had every S series since.

as someone else said, the S4 was almost perfection. the S6 edge would have been perfect if not for the terrible battery life.

1. S4
2. S9
3. S6 edge

honorable mention goes to the S7 edge for being the worst of the bunch. the S5 was a clunker for me, but the S7 absolutely sucked.

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
S, S2 and S3 ( and laterly the S3LTE I swapped it out for) were way ahead of anything else I could get here.

Out of those, the S2 was the one that sticks in my mind the most. The screen alone was leagues ahead of the rest. The amount of roms and support for the 2 and 3 was incredible.

I guess the S8+ was the first of the new generation which I loved. But it was always going to be a stopgap until the non exploding Note 8 came along. Viva la Notes :)

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Out of the ones I owned:

1. S9+
2. S10+
3. S8+
4. S7 Edge

I only kept the S8+ and S9+ for 6 months before selling to upgrade the next S model because I bought those in the summer. For now the S10+ is second but possibly if I had kept the S8+ longer, it would have been second and the S10+ third.

I may return this phone this week.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Out of the ones I owned:

1. S9+
2. S10+
3. S8+
4. S7 Edge

I only kept the S8+ and S9+ for 6 months before selling to upgrade the next S model because I bought those in the summer. For now the S10+ is second but possibly if I had kept the S8+ longer, it would have been second and the S10+ third.

I may return this phone this week.
The 1TB S10+ is an expensive phone. If you're not absolutely enamored with it I can understand the pull to return it.