Requires Pin instead of Fingerprint

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So i just got home.tried to unlock my phone with my fingerprint but instead of the usual scanning and unlocking.it says please enter pin or sort of.

Ive searched Google and it seems it has a 72 security system setting which asks for pin instead of fingerprint/face to ensure safety.

Is this true?or am i missing out something.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So i just got home.tried to unlock my phone with my fingerprint but instead of the usual scanning and unlocking.it says please enter pin or sort of.

Ive searched Google and it seems it has a 72 security system setting which asks for pin instead of fingerprint/face to ensure safety.

Is this true?or am i missing out something.

This is true..

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I've found that phones will ask for pin or pattern entry under a few different circumstances. If you wake and then sleep the phone rapidly, say 3 to 5 times in a period of a few minutes. If you unsuccessfully make attempts with your fingerprint or face recognition. Sometimes seemingly at random. When you first power on the device, and a whole slue of other reasons that I'm probably not aware of, so yes 72 doesn't sound like too many.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
You know those TOS agreements no one reads but everyone agrees to, I bet there's probably something in there about it or referencing it. Lol

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Definitely, we rely sometimes so much on biometric we forget the pins and passwords so I can understand this plus security.

Well i just needed more evidence.as i am OCD i thought my phone had rebooted by itself...but honestly other than the standard camera.its a good phonr.no errors and stuff.owh wait the battery also isnt very good.just good.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Well i just needed more evidence.as i am OCD i thought my phone had rebooted by itself...but honestly other than the standard camera.its a good phonr.no errors and stuff.owh wait the battery also isnt very good.just good.

Gotcha, maybe let battery learn more of your usage pattern see what happens.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835