Sim swap scam

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Be careful puting out info in soc media like phone number ,date if birth ECT..
Your welcome..

Thanks, I'm not much for the social media scene. This place is about as social as I get. :) I appreciate your post. I can't keep up with all the security issues. Android Central is where I learned about the port forwarding issue, so I set up a pin on T-Mobile. It's great members like you that makes Android Central so special.

The below comment I need to study up on. My 2 step verification is either SMS or email.

"A suitable two-factor security method that relies on a physical device, like Google Authenticator or Authy, rather than SMS-based verification for logins. You can also spring for a hardware token to protect your accounts if you want to get really fancy."

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks, I'm not much for the social media scene. This place is about as social as I get. :) I appreciate your post. I can't keep up with all the security issues. Android Central is where I learned about the port forwarding issue, so I set up a pin on T-Mobile. It's great members like you that makes Android Central so special.

The below comment I need to study up on. My 2 step verification is either SMS or email.

"A suitable two-factor security method that relies on a physical device, like Google Authenticator or Authy, rather than SMS-based verification for logins. You can also spring for a hardware token to protect your accounts if you want to get really fancy."
I agree , I do use my number to authenticate some accounts and log in. I also have a pin set up with T-Mobile for my account. AC great place where we can help each other and keep up to date on tech and news .

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

There are also at least two hardware authenticators (via NFC, Bluetooth or USB), one made by Google - the Titan Security Key. ($50, but if you want real security, it's worth that much.) YubiKey's 5 NFC is $45, and includes a few more protocols.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
There are also at least two hardware authenticators (via NFC, Bluetooth or USB), one made by Google - the Titan Security Key. ($50, but if you want real security, it's worth that much.) YubiKey's 5 NFC is $45, and includes a few more protocols.

Thanks @Rukbat for this info! (You're another one of my favorite members here. :)) It cleared up a few questions I had regarding the hardware authenticators.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38