AT&T read receipts

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Since the 10.0 update, there have been no read receipts w/ the stock Samsung messages app with other AT&T users like before the update. Just wondering if anybody else has this issue.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I just tested this and it is working. My phone was upgraded to Q but my wife's is still on Pie. We both got read receipts and it shows the dots when the other is typing.

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I just tested this and it is working. My phone was upgraded to Q but my wife's is still on Pie. We both got read receipts and it shows the dots when the other is typing.

Yeah I can't see read receipts or when someone is replying. Oh well. It will probably fix it self.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Now that my wife updated her phone, we are not getting read receipts or the bubbles when the other is typing. Seems that advanced messaging features aren't working now either. Lame

leeroyy

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Me either, cleared cache and all that. I upgraded wife to S10E and took her S8. Still like new. Just bought the S8 last year. It was working at 1st but quit. I'll try the force stop I guess. I even did a 2nd factory reset.

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I did all the above on mine & my wife's phone & we still don't get read receipts or reply bubbles either. Kinda frustrating.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I tried trouble shooting through the AT&T app and it said it sent me an update but it still doesn't work. I'll try calling AT&T later today but I'm guessing we'll have to wait for the next security update. I might try Google Messages for a while. Have to convince the wife though. She likes seeing read receipts from me so she knows I'm not ducking her messages.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I tried trouble shooting through the AT&T app and it said it sent me an update but it still doesn't work. I'll try calling AT&T later today but I'm guessing we'll have to wait for the next security update. I might try Google Messages for a while. Have to convince the wife though. She likes seeing read receipts from me so she knows I'm not ducking her messages.
If you both download Google message should have read receipts.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Read receipts seem to be working for me. Still not getting the bubbles when someone is typing but this is a step in the right direction.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
The "someone is typing" bubbles are working now too. Guess they just had to work out some links. I have to say, picture messages transfer way faster via RCS with Google Messages than AT&T Advanced Messaging. I just don't really like the Google Messaging app. It lacks message scheduling and a few other features.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty