Liking a Text

HnLA

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I use the Samsung Messages App, or I think it is Samsung, it is connected to the Contacts. Came installed with the phone.
I just tried to see if you can like a text. Apple has been able to do this for years, I see some Android phones also do this.
I guess since it is SMS, not RCS the answer is no, only newer phones can do this, right?
Is there a way with the S10? Thank you.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Do you mean an emoji style like, or are you looking for a popup of emoji responses within the text box?
Responding with a heart or thumbs up is available on the keyboard.
7e596ca8766e407ef36c24379313252e.jpg

HnLA

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I mean how can I do what everyone else does, which is send back a response that I liked or whatever reaction to a text or photo

HnLA

May 31, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't do that. I searched before posting here. When I long press it doesn't give me that. What I found is that with SMS it's not going to do that. So for some reason I'm using the Samsung texting app I can't get those emojis. That is my question what do I need to do to get those emojis

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It doesn't do that. I searched before posting here. When I long press it doesn't give me that. What I found is that with SMS it's not going to do that. So for some reason I'm using the Samsung texting app I can't get those emojis. That is my question what do I need to do to get those emojis
Use Google messages

HnLA

May 31, 2012
Visit site
If I install Google messages will texts go to both apps or do I have to choose just one, Samsung or Google? Thanks

HnLA

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Tap once on the text balloon, choose the smiley face, then the thumbs up icon.
You've now liked the text and the person who sent you it sees it as liked also.
If that were the case I would not have posted this thread. No, that does not happen with Samsung text app. I guess you are using a different app

Last edited:

BijouVixen

Feb 10, 2024
Visit site
If that were the case I would not have pissed this thread. No, that does not happen with Samsung text app. I guess you are using a different app
He's talking about the Textra app.
Tap once on the text balloon, choose the smiley face, then the thumbs up icon.
You've now liked the text and the person who sent you it sees it as liked also.
Oh.my.gaaawd it worked thank you, thank you so so much!! I owe you one!!!

Reactions: Daniel Detkowski

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Also works with the Google messages app if you want to keep using RCS.
Pretty sure it's available for the S10.

HnLA

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I installed Google Messages and it only works if it's the default SMS. I guess Samsung will update in 10 years or so

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I installed Google Messages and it only works if it's the default SMS. I guess Samsung will update in 10 years or so
Give it a bit. Pretty sure if you have the latest build its server side. Also you have to enable RCS in settings.
Also give it a shot as default, what do you have to lose. You can always go back.

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
If you decide to go back they will repopulate to Samsung. Just make sure you have backups turned on.