S10+ Screen Protector

cr500taco

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I am going to be getting an S10+. I am wondering what's a good screen protector that will work with an Otterbox Defender case? I have read reviews and I like the Whitestone Dome glass and the Zagg Invisishield Glass Fusion

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
I'm still using the one that came with the phone. basic, but pretty good I think!

The one that came on the phone from the factory is just a thin piece of plastic that, for me, got dings in it right away.

I went naked on my S9+ for a year, and it was perfect the day I traded it in. So it's not how I handle the phone. It's that the factory S10 thingie is just a simple, easily deformed piece of plastic that's WAY weaker than the screen it's put on.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if asked before, but is the Zagg Ultra Clear a TPU film, or a harder plastic like the one that comes on the S10+?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
So you're getting the S10+? Awesome!

I am currently using Samsung's film protector on my S10. Installation was fairly simple; it came from Samsung so I knew it would work with the in-display fingerprint sensor; and it doesn't feel like plastic - it actually feels pretty premium to the touch.

I normally go for tempered glass screen protectors and the one I had previously to the Samsung one was great but it had the hole cut-out for the in-display fingerprint sensor and that unnerved me too much. I didn't like having part of my screen exposed.

Let us know what you decide to buy!

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
So you're getting the S10+? Awesome!

I am currently using Samsung's film protector on my S10. Installation was fairly simple; it came from Samsung so I knew it would work with the in-display fingerprint sensor; and it doesn't feel like plastic - it actually feels pretty premium to the touch.

I normally go for tempered glass screen protectors and the one I had previously to the Samsung one was great but it had the hole cut-out for the in-display fingerprint sensor and that unnerved me too much. I didn't like having part of my screen exposed.

Let us know what you decide to buy!
That's the same with me. I also usually buy tempered glass screen protectors, but I didn't like one that had a hole for the FPS. The hole mainly annoyed me when I typed, since I swipe type.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
That's the same with me. I also usually buy tempered glass screen protectors, but I didn't like one that had a hole for the FPS. The hole mainly annoyed me when I typed, since I swipe type.

Oh boy, that *would* be annoying. It also just felt weird to me, not having everything on the same "level" and a significant part of the screen not being protected.

It was a tough pill to swallow because I'm really into tempered glass screen protectors; but I'm very happy with my film purchase. I do notice, however, that this protector will cause bubbles if I put on a tight case. However, I recently installed a "wider" case that has bigger cutouts and I see no more bubbles. I guess it is a combination of the film + curved edges + case rubbing against everything.

In any case (LOOL no pun intended), if I have to deal with a couple of small bubbles in exchange for all-over protection, I'm okay with that.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
I had my phone on a window ledge, below which are a couple of towel racks. I grabbed the phone badly and it dropped, and in trying to retrieve it before it hit the floor I ended up pushing it up against the end of the towel rack where it slid down a couple of inches before I could grab hold of it.

The Zagg has a few light scratches on it that I can see with the phone off and holding it against the light just right. I can also feel them with my bare finger. I guarantee a film protector wouldn't have fared so well. I don't know about the bare screen, but it seems to me at the least it would have gotten the same scratches--and maybe even with the film protector in front of it.

Anyway, this Zagg has a lifetime guarantee. At some point I will replace it, should I do something similarly dumb and cause more damage to it.

But at least it kept the screen itself from damage, which is well worth it should I choose to trade the phone in.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer