FM radio?

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I just saw on gsmarena that the S10 will have fm radio in U.S. and Canada, I hope this is true I know most people don't care but it's one of those little features I had wanted in the galaxy phones for a while

Now if they can only bring back the IR blaster lol

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
The SoC will be capable of FM radio, the carriers allowing it to be active or used is an entirely different story.

I think most of Qualcomm's high-end SoC's have had the ability but it was disabled by the carriers or never enabled by the manufacturer.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
haven't we had fm radios for awhile?
the corded headphone is the antenna, download nextradio.
snapdragon only.

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Apparently it is my carrier I just downloaded nextradio and that's the message I got

I have an S8+ and from S3 to S8 gsmarena always had no in the radio section

ok well I'll just have to wait and see if they will unlock it automatically for the S10

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I just saw on gsmarena that the S10 will have fm radio in U.S. and Canada, I hope this is true I know most people don't care but it's one of those little features I had wanted in the galaxy phones for a while

Now if they can only bring back the IR blaster lol

Well I use Next Radio and my Bluetooth Speaker connected to the phone via cable for FM Antenna and I have loved this since way back on my HTC phones. It helps me listen to local stations in real time with no delays when I am trying to win concert tickets. :)

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I just remember when I first got my 9 plus it did not have it. And they said it would come with an update later on and it did. I have an unlocked but it is through Sprint. My Sprint 7 Edge had it and my unlocked Note 8. I hope I have it again that's how I win stuff off the radio. Lol

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I hope my unlocked one has it! Like I said my 9 plus didn't at 1st but it came with an update. So I am hoping I have it again. I need next radio and the headphone jack.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87