Buying S10e unlocked through Samsung questions.

rpdc

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Good morning.
I'm toying with the idea of upgrading my S8 Plus to the S10e and I have a few questions :
Is the S10e a substantial upgrade from the S8 Plus?
What are the benefits / drawbacks to buying unlocked from Samsung directly? There appears to be some trade in value here.

Thanks!

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
Yes it is a significant upgrade in my opinion, the S10e (snapdragon) is better in every possible way aside from the notification LED which it very sadly doesn't have.

How much is Samsung currently offering for an S8?

And what is the condition of yours? Worn battery? screen burn?

rpdc

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi.

My S8 Plus is in excellent condition. As I recall Samsung is offering around $300 for trade in.

Thanks for your reply.

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
Hmm, that sounds about the same as what you'd get if you sold it on the used market, except with Samsung trade in you wouldn't have to deal with the hassle of selling it.

I didn't know you had the Plus model. In that case you'd be getting a smaller screen and smaller battery, but a more powerful and efficient processor and brand new battery should make up for it.

If you wanna go compact flagship, I don't know of any other better options than the S10e.

So with the $300 trade in value, you'd pay a difference of about $300 or so I guess

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Even for the Exynos version it is probably a big upgrade. The S10e has received all the Samsung camera upgrades and OneUI 2.1 and the experience is night and day over the S8+. The fingerprint sensor is on the power button and is super fast. I think for what you pay for it, you can't get a better phone.

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
Even for the Exynos version it is probably a big upgrade. The S10e has received all the Samsung camera upgrades and OneUI 2.1 and the experience is night and day over the S8+. The fingerprint sensor is on the power button and is super fast. I think for what you pay for it, you can't get a better phone.
I feel like going from a Snapdragon S8+ to an Exynos S10e may not be an upgrade at all when it comes to battery life.

Everything else yes for sure though.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Good morning.
I'm toying with the idea of upgrading my S8 Plus to the S10e and I have a few questions :
Is the S10e a substantial upgrade from the S8 Plus?
What are the benefits / drawbacks to buying unlocked from Samsung directly? There appears to be some trade in value here.

Thanks!
S8+ to the s10e , if your use to bigger screen the s10e will be on the smaller side .

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone bought their s10e through Samsung directly? What was your experience?

Thanks!
I did when it was launched and it was fine. I also did a trade in. Signature was required for delivery. At the time, you had a week to mail your old phone after receiving the new one.

With the trade in deal and ease, I wouldn't mind doing it again.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Did you purchase the S10e yet, OP? I believe it would be a substantial upgrade to your S8. I've never ordered directly from Samsung before, so I can't speak to the experience of ordering from that website.

But I really love the S10e, and almost bought one instead of the S10.

Let us know what you decide! :)

rpdc

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Morty2264

I decided to keep my S8 Plus. I pre-ordered a Pixel 4a. I've always been curious about the Pixel line and thought that at $349 this would be an inexpensive way to check it out. I realize that my S8 Plus is probably still a better phone than the 4a but I think I'll keep them both for now.

Thanks to all who shared their advice.
It's greatly appreciated!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Morty2264

I decided to keep my S8 Plus. I pre-ordered a Pixel 4a. I've always been curious about the Pixel line and thought that at $349 this would be an inexpensive way to check it out. I realize that my S8 Plus is probably still a better phone than the 4a but I think I'll keep them both for now.

Nice , hope you enjoy it

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Morty2264

That's so awesome! Great choice on the Pixel 4a! Let us know when you get it and how you are liking it! :)