question for this group:

are any of you using a wireless charger for this phone, and if so which?

i keep seeing some deals on anker, but every time i start looking at reviews i see some bad ones that talk about poor charging, or worse, battery life decline.

wondering if there is a consensus around one that actually works well but isn't exorbitantly priced.

thanks.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-20-2019 10:27 AM
    If you lwt the battery drop to 5% (or wherever the phone turns off) every cycle, then charge it on a wireless charger for a few hours after it reaches 100%, every charging cycle, you can kill the battery stone cold dead in about a month, so I never take the "battery life decline" comments seriously unless they're accompanied by the charging cycle.

The only problem with wireless charging, if it's a horizontal plate, is that the heat rises from the charger (and wireless chargers do generate a bit of heat - not high temperatures, but a lot of heat) into the phone. And heat is the enemy of electronics. Other than that (like a charger stand that stands the phone up almost vertically) there's nothing wrong with wireless charging.

And Anker makes a good (not cheap, but good) product.
    03-20-2019 12:11 PM
    Mine is a Samsung brand has worked fine on all the galaxy phones we have or had.
    1raygin likes this.
    03-20-2019 06:23 PM