Why won't my Galaxy S2 go to home screen?

hgu1

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S2 (SCH R760) that has so many issues - fortunately I get to upgrade in a month. However, I'd like to resolve this latest issue so I can have a functional phone while I'm out and about.

Background:
-the power button no longer works
-the charging port no longer charges
-the internal memory is sending an error saying "internal memory is full"

Problem:
-When I insert my battery (the only way to turn my phone on now since the power button doesn't work), the screen flashes awake and begins the power-on process. However, it won't cycle past the "Samsung" screen and keeps going between that and the galaxy screen. I can't get it to boot up all the way!

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like your hardware is broken and worn out, and the software has accumulated a lot of junk as well. If it'll boot up you can try a factory reset, but I would not invest in repairing a phone this old (in both years and technology).

I don't know your carrier, but the upgrade rules have changed now that they don't subsidize phones anymore. You can probably get a new phone now. T Mobile will give you credit to cover your contract cancellation, AT&T will let you upgrade now by switching to AT&T Next. Now sure what Verizon does but they have to compete. Or you can buy an unlocked phone.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty