How do I root my Samsung Galaxy S2?

rocktanvira3

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
How to root my Samsung Galaxy s2

I have a Samsung Galaxy s2.

I found some apps requires root. But I don't know how to root in safe mode.

So I can't use those apps.

Please help if you already rooted your phone and which is the safe method.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to root my Samsung Galaxy s2

Welcome to Android Central! Exactly which S2 do you have? There are lots of different variants, and the root process on one won't necessarily work on the other.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to root my Samsung Galaxy s2

Chainfire's Autoroot handles some S2 models. Take a look at http://autoroot.chainfire.eu/ As far as safety, tens of thousands of people have used his autoroot, he's a trusted developer on XDA and I'd use his products without a second thought. (I run SuperSU [one of the very few paid apps I run], which is his, and I'm eagerly awaiting the new version of Mobile Odin.)

The danger comes in having a rooted phone, not in rooting it. (All rooting does, basically, is install a file that Google left out - the su binary.) You can actually tell a rooted phone to wipe all firmware, software, data - everything - from the phone, and it will. You're what was called in the movie Tron, "the Master Control Program". What you say [to the phone] is law and must be obeyed, even if you tell the phone to, in effect, commit suicide.

So ask about the app you want to run before installing it if it needs root. Many of them are almost needed to get things accomplished, but a few of them can be dangerous. Ask us first, instead of asking us how to fix the phone because you installed the app and it broke the phone. (It's a lot easier to tell you to not run a particular app, even to explain why, then to help you fix your phone after the damage is done.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez