Face recognition has stopped working after Verizon's update

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Ever since the One UI 2.5 update my face gets hardly ever recognized. I've tried clearing camera data and cache, re-registering my face and alternate look as well. Cleared cache partition. It works 4/10 times vs before the update it used to work almost every time. Anyone else?

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Ever since the One UI 2.5 update my face gets hardly ever recognized. I've tried clearing camera data and cache, re-registering my face and alternate look as well. Cleared cache partition. It works 4/10 times vs before the update it used to work almost every time. Anyone else?

Something is definitely wrong, AND the freaking smart lock isn't working at all now. Used to, I never had to use FPS to unlock, because I keep my Galaxy Watch paired via BT, but now it doesn't matter if I have any BT device connected, motion sensing to unlock, etc.

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
So you're facing the same issue with face recognition?
Something is definitely wrong, AND the freaking smart lock isn't working at all now. Used to, I never had to use FPS to unlock, because I keep my Galaxy Watch paired via BT, but now it doesn't matter if I have any BT device connected, motion sensing to unlock, etc.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Did you wear your glasses when you set up face unlock? I sometimes wear glasses and other times wear contacts, so I did face unlock setup both with and without glasses.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
So you're facing the same issue with face recognition?

Not necessarily. I think my issues are more related to Google Smart Lock - it's not allowing me to quickly unlock the phone when connected via BT, when the phone has detected that it's with me or by location (granted, Smart Lock has always struggled with the recognized location setting).