Smart Lock Trusted Places working sporatically since last update.

RickMG

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I updated my unlocked Note 10+ last week. Since the update whenever I open my phone I have to use the fingerprint (which hardly ever works) or put in my code. My trusted place for my home only works for a few times before it doesn't work. When I go to edit my location it shows the spot off center from where it was. I have calibrated the Google Maps every time I go to reset my location.

Is anyone else having this problem? I am sure this has to be caused by the last update as I know my house doesn't constantly move. Is there any setting moved by the update that I have to move back to correct this? Thank you for any advise.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Yeah same with me. I also have noticed the notification bar icons are slow to appear when unlocking the phone. Just shows 'ATT' for about five seconds before the left side icons appear.

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I updated my unlocked Note 10+ last week. Since the update whenever I open my phone I have to use the fingerprint (which hardly ever works) or put in my code. My trusted place for my home only works for a few times before it doesn't work. When I go to edit my location it shows the spot off center from where it was. I have calibrated the Google Maps every time I go to reset my location.

Is anyone else having this problem? I am sure this has to be caused by the last update as I know my house doesn't constantly move. Is there any setting moved by the update that I have to move back to correct this? Thank you for any advise.

Wondering if this is an Android 10 issue as I am experiencing the same issue with my Pixel 3. Trusted places (and Trusted Devices) aren't as reliable as before.

RickMG

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Wondering if this is an Android 10 issue as I am experiencing the same issue with my Pixel 3. Trusted places (and Trusted Devices) aren't as reliable as before.
You're probably correct as I downloaded both the same day. You'd think they'd know and put out a fix as I use this at three places and have the problem now at all of them.

Mike_Luchia

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Same for me on a Bell Note 10 Plus except trusted places never works for me anymore after the update. Likewise the fingerprint scanner only works consistently when the finger I used is moist, dry fingerprints are not good and being its winter and bone dry out, that means fingerprint scanner NEVER works.

cass_m

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I updated my unlocked Note 10+ last week. Since the update whenever I open my phone I have to use the fingerprint (which hardly ever works) or put in my code...

I've had the trusted places issue sporadically for a long time but after the update trusted devices wasn't consistent. I just got a security update so I hope everything starts working better.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Trusted places and devices doesn't seem to work for me anymore either. Considering I wear a Samsung smart watch and it's a trusted device I shouldn't have to unlock my phone most of the time, but I do now. On Android 9 it worked great.

lonestar1135

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I just added my phone to be unlocked when I'm home in Bixby Routines and it seems to be working.

Good fix until they correct the Smart Lock issue.

RickMG

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I just added my phone to be unlocked when I'm home in Bixby Routines and it seems to be working.

Good fix until they correct the Smart Lock issue.

Thank you, just did that and it seems to be working. I also activated face unlock and it too seems to help when I'm not at home.