Android 11 now missing caller's icons

Dirt Napper

Dec 10, 2020
Visit site
Updated to Android 11 today(Samsung S20+).. when I get a call, the caller's icon no longer show in the call list. The number shows only. Ideas?? Thanks.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You're using the stock Phone app, correct? Do the profile pics show up elsewhere in the Phone app for those callers?

Mamason3

Jan 30, 2021
Visit site
Did anyone find a way to fix this? With all of the ways to customize everything else, this seems so odd for them to have changed. I definitely don't like how blank it looks now though.

Jan987

Feb 6, 2021
Visit site
Did anyone find a way to fix this? With all of the ways to customize everything else, this seems so odd for them to have changed. I definitely don't like how blank it looks now though.

The same problem I have now. The caller's icon no longer show in the call list. The number or name shows only.

Samsung S20

Any ideas?

thumperr

Feb 7, 2021
Visit site
Hi, welcome to AC!
At this moment we don't have a fix

I just 'upgraded' (more like downgraded) from Galaxy S9+ to Note 20 Ultra, I am also missing this feature VERY much!

I hate the way Samsung just removes features all the time.
Where is the IR blaster?
Where is the barometer?
Where is the compass?
Where is the headphones jack?
and now where is the uSD card slot???
(where is the charger also)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I just 'upgraded' (more like downgraded) from Galaxy S9+ to Note 20 Ultra, I am also missing this feature VERY much!

I hate the way Samsung just removes features all the time.
Where is the IR blaster?
Where is the barometer?
Where is the compass?
Where is the headphones jack?
and now where is the uSD card slot???
(where is the charger also)
Hi, welcome to AC!

I understand and some features I don't like when they remove also, but not sure if this a bug that needs to be addressed.

bugkheaw

Apr 2, 2021
Visit site
- Open call app
- on top right corner, tap on 3 dot > Call Settings
- tap on "Make calls by"
- Select "Call icon"

That's all you need! The default setting on new Android upgrade is set to "Call log entry" by default...

Good luck!

bugkheaw

Apr 2, 2021
Visit site
As I posted above, it's not a bug, it's small little thing in settings, not sure if it was there in previous versions of android.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo