Does the S20 line come with RCS messaging???

AlphaBeepBeep

Apr 17, 2019
Visit site
What the heck is keeping us with the INCREDIBLY outdated sms, mms crap. It's like driving a model T when there's a Ferrari parked right outside.

Apple fanbois must be looking at us and laughing at how pathetic we are in the android world.

https://blog.rebrandly.com/rcs-messaging/

Kind of agree. Messaging on Android is a mess. But I don't think unencrypted rcs is the answer.

It would be nice if google would make an iMessage clone and bake it into android the way apple did with iMessage. Would be nice to have a service like that built into every android phone.

Kind of annoying having people across different apps. iMessage is the only one people are willing to universally adopt it seems.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Not willing. It's literally the only messaging app on iOS and some people are brain washed to think they are superior because they have iMessage. I personally don't care unless they can make a truly universal way without any platform subscriptions.
Kind of agree. Messaging on Android is a mess. But I don't think unencrypted rcs is the answer.

It would be nice if google would make an iMessage clone and bake it into android the way apple did with iMessage. Would be nice to have a service like that built into every android phone.

Kind of annoying having people across different apps. iMessage is the only one people are willing to universally adopt it seems.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

It's why I always keep a cheaper iPhone as a backup phone. Google can't get their crap together.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yep Duo isn't going anywhere, it's one of their top used app in recent times. Works great, cross platform, I see adoption of duo increasing day by day. I'm glad to see Samsung dialer integrating Duo. May be they should give up on their other apps as well and use Google ones

Yeah I know majority love Samsung apps, but I'm the odd one out and don't use them. I even stopped using Samsung browser now that chrome runs smoothly without any issues. That was the only Samsung app I could tolerate.

PretzelLogic

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
How does the Samsung Messages app play with iMessage? I am switching and a lot of my family has iPhones. I want to make sure I can still send pics, emojis, stickers, animated gifs, web and YouTube links and so on to them. They’re gonna blub that I’m green but as long as I can still share the same content it’ll all work out.

AR RR

Aug 29, 2019
Visit site
I believe Google Messages or Android Messages supports RCS.

I’m able to use that on my Galaxy S10, my computer, and my iPad if it helps. It’s not buttery smooth like iMessages BUT it gets the job done. Also, as time is going by I’m finding that iMessage was just one of several messaging apps that people use. I’m in Europe right now and everyone here uses WhatsApp for example. Other friends only use FB Messenger, etc...

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I believe Google Messages or Android Messages supports RCS.

I’m able to use that on my Galaxy S10, my computer, and my iPad if it helps. It’s not buttery smooth like iMessages BUT it gets the job done. Also, as time is going by I’m finding that iMessage was just one of several messaging apps that people use. I’m in Europe right now and everyone here uses WhatsApp for example. Other friends only use FB Messenger, etc...

That's the problem though, you have to convince friends/family to use Google's Messages app. I like the app (not quite as well as Textra) but I've only managed to get a handful of Android users to start using it. Chat works pretty well though...typing indicators, status of your messages as delivered/read, high resolution videos and pictures. It's light years above what we've been using.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
How does the Samsung Messages app play with iMessage? I am switching and a lot of my family has iPhones. I want to make sure I can still send pics, emojis, stickers, animated gifs, web and YouTube links and so on to them. They’re gonna blub that I’m green but as long as I can still share the same content it’ll all work out.

It doesn't play with iMessage. If text only, it'll get to the iPhone as an SMS. 8f it's longer than 160 characters or it has media, it'll get to the iPhone as an MMS.

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Technically yes, but if it weren't for the RCS type features iMessage has, we wouldn't even be having this talk. They've pushed Android into moving forward with RCS rollout

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Not willing. It's literally the only messaging app on iOS and some people are brain washed to think they are superior because they have iMessage. I personally don't care unless they can make a truly universal way without any platform subscriptions.

I don’t think iPhone users think they’re superior because of iMessage. It’s an excellent and secure messaging app that comes on all iPhones (unlike Android). Apple is certainly a walled garden but you have to admit they have a few things going for them.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
You must have never heard the one's say "I don't like green bubbles". Funny because green is my favorite color and I would actually prefer it lol.
I don’t think iPhone users think they’re superior because of iMessage. It’s an excellent and secure messaging app that comes on all iPhones (unlike Android). Apple is certainly a walled garden but you have to admit they have a few things going for them.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
You must have never heard the one's say "I don't like green bubbles". Funny because green is my favorite color and I would actually prefer it lol.

No one I associate with has ever said that. I have heard that it’s a thing but maybe is age related?
I like green also!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Technically yes, but if it weren't for the RCS type features iMessage has, we wouldn't even be having this talk. They've pushed Android into moving forward with RCS rollout

As far as I can remember, iMessage was a thing before RCS so..

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I’m 58 so I guess that’s why. It sounded like a teenager thing.

Anecdotally - I've seen older folks would wanting higher-quality photos and videos of their grandkids, thus green/blue bubble or other photo sharing methods becomes a thing...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez