Smart lock is not working

jarome

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
On my T-Mobile S20 Ultra, I have a trusted place (home) and a trusted devices (my landline panasonic bluetooth) enabled. Yet almost always, I have to unlock the phone when I want to use it.
Any suggestions?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, haven't heard anything on the s20 but maybe other members can chime in .

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Smart Lock hasn't worked reliably on my Pixel 3 XL for a while, so it's probably an Android-wide bug, rather than device-specific.

RickMG

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
On my T-Mobile S20 Ultra, I have a trusted place (home) and a trusted devices (my landline panasonic bluetooth) enabled. Yet almost always, I have to unlock the phone when I want to use it.
Any suggestions?

I had a Note 10+ I traded for the S20+ and I had the same problem on both. It sucks. I finally just use the face recognition feature and seems okay though slower than when the location would work. I don't understand why that is so difficult to fix. I mean I set it up sitting in my chair and don't move and it doesn't work when I try and open the phone from the same place.

RickMG

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
If you go to Settings, Connections, More connection settings, is 'Nearby device scanning' toggled on?

Can I ask you who you're answering with your post? How would that effect location? And I believe it's on by default, at least mine is and never saw it before. Thank you.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Any suggestions?

Smart Lock has been a bit hit or miss on my Ultra. I've noticed that if the phone loses the Trusted Place or Trusted device for any period of time then you need to unlock manually again next time. Ie if you go out the radius of your trusted place or lose Bluetooth connection to your trusted device. I'm sure there's a setting for this (lock device if trust is lost) or similar but even turning that on or off doesn't really help.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Can I ask you who you're answering with your post? How would that effect location? And I believe it's on by default, at least mine is and never saw it before. Thank you.
Smart lock works by paired device ID, not just location.
The option is off by default.
Screenshotd attached.
You should be able to find yours.
ab665b5397e60b263fe79fd4de7d897d.jpg
ecef7b0c242809b6f8faefb68f273ca7.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress