How you feel about the s11 called s20

dtones39

Jul 1, 2017
Visit site
In regards to 5g, it may not be prevalent today or when the phone is released, but it will be in the coming months, toward the end of the year. If carriers start enabling 5G and they didn't have the 5g chips, we would have threads of people complaining their $1,000+ flagship phone cant connect to 5g and they need to upgrade again!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
In regards to 5g, it may not be prevalent today or when the phone is released, but it will be in the coming months, toward the end of the year. If carriers start enabling 5G and they didn't have the 5g chips, we would have threads of people complaining their $1,000+ flagship phone cant connect to 5g and they need to upgrade again!
Well I checked Verizon and in major cities it's not prevalent. In fact it's almost non-existent. Are you suggested the infrastructure is almost ready and they just have to throw the switch? We also have to be careful of what we call 5G since all Generations are not created equal.

dtones39

Jul 1, 2017
Visit site
Yea, that's why I said it may not be prevalent now. 5g will be rolling out in the near future and of course it's not just flipping a switch. Carriers have been building 5g for a long time now, just simply pointing out that having 5g in all of the phones is a good thing, when it is rolled out, you wont have to buy a new phone again to get it, especially for people who dont upgrade for 2-3 years. Samsung could have easily just did one 5g model again and forced people to buy new phone if they wanted to have 5g when it is rolled out.
Well I checked Verizon and in major cities it's not prevalent. In fact it's almost non-existent. Are you suggested the infrastructure is almost ready and they just have to throw the switch? We also have to be careful of what we call 5G since all Generations are not created equal.

dendron01

Banned
Aug 8, 2019
Visit site
Based on the leaked pricing it looks like Samsung will use 5G as an excuse for an upcharge even though the new chip has it integrated anyway?

S21 it is then.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Yea, that's why I said it may not be prevalent now. 5g will be rolling out in the near future and of course it's not just flipping a switch. Carriers have been building 5g for a long time now, just simply pointing out that having 5g in all of the phones is a good thing, when it is rolled out, you wont have to buy a new phone again to get it, especially for people who dont upgrade for 2-3 years. Samsung could have easily just did one 5g model again and forced people to buy new phone if they wanted to have 5g when it is rolled out.
I'm just not confident that the widescale implementation is going to be that soon even in major cities. Yeah the S20 will be ready but I'm thinking might as well wait for what comes after the S20 or wait for the Note 20.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Even if say 5G is out later part of the year , it's not like my phones I have is going stop working just not going connect to 5G and I'm cool with that as my phones have no issues as of now and won't even after 5G rolls out .

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Even if say 5G is out later part of the year , it's not like my phones I have is going stop working just not going connect to 5G and I'm cool with that as my phones have no issues as of now and won't even after 5G rolls out .
I'll bet at some point they will deliberately slow down 4G to sell more devices and 5G service.

clarksteven7

Jan 29, 2020
Visit site
First of all, it does not important what the device model. We are more concern with the features either it is samsung s11 or samsung s20. I think everyone is interested with the features. I was excited when I first heard that samsung S11 will have 108MP and have a best lens ever. I was more excited with the 5X optical Zoom technology. I think every S10 user is waiting for the S20 to be launch as soon as possible.
I want to test the finger print of S20 and I am personally too excited for it. So I don't care it is samsung S11 or Samsung S20. We are tech lover of Samsung just want more and more features.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
don't care. It will be remembered as...a bad phone. Snapdragon 865 with forced discrete 5G modem? Every such phone will be remembered as "yeah, let's forget that ever existed".

And, it will also be remembered as "the year we went too far" with regard to size. "But we were forced to--the 5G chip and bigger battery made us."

It doesn't help that midrange phones are really very good now.

And the cherry on top of all of this? The Snapdragon 765. Look it up. When it comes it'll give better than S10 performance for half the price. And someone--maybe not Samsung, but someone--will step back and inject some sanity back into phone sizes, and the 765 will let them do so with performance inside.
Seems your presuming your subjective view is objective for all. Not super likely ;)

5G though does seem superfluous, unless some sudden network expansion this spring. Not likely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez