Google Photo permission

TheLastPanda

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know how to set the permission so that Google Photo doesn't ask permission everytime I want to delete/edit photos that are stored onboard?
1ebba5347ea16b217eb009382d86957d.jpg

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Oh sorry looking at your prompt again that's Google photos asking for confirmation to move the photos to trash. I looked at Google photos setting and don't think there is an option to turn that prompt off.

TheLastPanda

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Oh sorry looking at your prompt again that's Google photos asking for confirmation to move the photos to trash. I looked at Google photos setting and don't think there is an option to turn that prompt off.
It does it when editing photos too :(

I know it's not a mega deal but having to confirm every change is bit annoying
3a98abdf336aa26a0182c6f3935b8ef0.jpg

TheLastPanda

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
That's how Google photos app works and there isn't any setting to turn that off. Nothing specific to S21 and same on all phones with Google photos.
Must be something new as I've been using Photo on my s10 for years. Maybe this issue came with Android 11

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Must be something new as I've been using Photo on my s10 for years. Maybe this issue came with Android 11
Could be a server side thing like usual Google stuff that wasn't turned on for your account. I found an article talking about this move to thrash confirmation from 2017. So been rolling out to users for quite some time now I think.

https://9to5google.com/2017/08/07/google-photos-delete-confirmation/

Might not be solution but you can select multiple photos and move to thrash at once, so that you get only one confirmation instead of many. Probably you already do that just FYI

Ragnarianrok

Jan 19, 2021
Visit site
Experiencing this too. I think this is a function. It just wants to make sure you know you're deleting/editing it on the local level too.

It's a bit annoying to have to confirm twice. This is part of what I miss on my Pixel 4 XL, that direct Google integration.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Experiencing this too. I think this is a function. It just wants to make sure you know you're deleting/editing it on the local level too.

It's a bit annoying to have to confirm twice. This is part of what I miss on my Pixel 4 XL, that direct Google integration.
Even on my Pixel 5 it's the same. Here is the prompt I get deleting a photo, still get a confirmation asking if I want to move to thrash. Just the confirmation window is little different and at the bottom of the screen. It's a Google photos thing and don't think it's device specific like pixel vs Samsung

f11e640a9992f31721028e0955513ffa.jpg

TheLastPanda

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Must be something different about Android 11, Samsung, and VZW. Just checked my VZR S10+ and it's doing the same thing. I never noticed it until recently after Android 11.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Must be something different about Android 11, Samsung, and VZW. Just checked my VZR S10+ and it's doing the same thing. I never noticed it until recently after Android 11.

You have Android 11 on your S10 Plus wow! We have unlocked never got it yet. Guess we'll be fully surprised if we every get out S21 Ultras.

TheLastPanda

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
You have Android 11 on your S10 Plus wow! We have unlocked never got it yet. Guess we'll be fully surprised if we every get out S21 Ultras.

Surprised myself considering its a Verizon phone. The S10+ is now my secondary phone so won't be using it much except for certain activities in the summer time.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Verizon has been on it in terms of software updates for Samsung. Also have been pushing the updates before any other carrier mostly.
Surprised myself considering its a Verizon phone. The S10+ is now my secondary phone so won't be using it much except for certain activities in the summer time.

dirt4444

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Not to hijack the thread but used smart switch to get all my photos to my new S21 and I noticed they were not in Google photos. I realized I needed to go into the app and go into "Photos on device" and check "Back up & sync".

My question is will this save these photos to my google photos in the case that I lose my phone? Because when I sign into google photos on anything besides my phone I can't see those photos. I know that if I move all these folders into the Camera folder on my phone they upload to photos but I prefer to keep my separate folders on my phone.

TheLastPanda

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Not to hijack the thread but used smart switch to get all my photos to my new S21 and I noticed they were not in Google photos. I realized I needed to go into the app and go into "Photos on device" and check "Back up & sync".

My question is will this save these photos to my google photos in the case that I lose my phone? Because when I sign into google photos on anything besides my phone I can't see those photos. I know that if I move all these folders into the Camera folder on my phone they upload to photos but I prefer to keep my separate folders on my phone.

you need to back it up in google photos. There is an option for it.

dirt4444

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
you need to back it up in google photos. There is an option for it.

Right is says "Back up and sync" but it only shows in Google Photos when I'm on my phone. I am worried about if I lose my phone these photos will be gone. I checked this by signing onto google photos from my computer and those photos are not there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781