Unlocking the my S21+

walterwood44

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I am having trouble getting my S21+ to unlock. For the purpose of this message what I want is to be able to press the power button and see the Home screen when at home or in the car. Right now when I press power, I get a gray screen that says "Phone unlocked by Smart Lock". I then have to swipe multiple time and eventually I get either the Home screen or it asks for my finger. I suspect I changed a setting to cause this but don't remember what it was. I do have a pattern and fingerprint set but it does not always show up.

When I am home or in the car how can I I simply want to press the power button and see the Home screen. (I already disabled Bixby.) I dno't want to use a fingerprint, swiping or pattern. I don't care if it uses my location or my wi-fi to do this but would prefer to not use Bluetooth.

Also, when in the car I want to use the power button to see the Home screen or whatever was showing when the phone closed.

CarlGHarris

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if this helps you, but there is an option to double tap the screen to unlock the phone. Sttings > advanced features > motions and gestures > double tap to turn on screen. There's also "lift to wake" under motion and gestures.

In Smart Lock, you can set it that the phone doesn't lock if it's on you or near a "trusted device" (e.g., your car).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez