s21 or iphone 12 pro

frankf10

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
Long story short...i've been a pixel owner since 1st pixel and I love the stock android..however, it seems the hardware is lacking. Samsung seems to build some good phones (besides s21 plastic), but the software isn't the same as stock.

I see that oneui 3.1 allows google discover to replace samsung free and there's always launchers. Can i set google assistant as the default? Does it have power menu controls?

or

Iphone: I like the hardware and have some experience with ios..the pro here is longer support but have to buy charger.

anyone done a switch from pixel and gotten close to pixel android without having to install a bunch of apps?

appreciate any feedback

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I swapped the other way. iPhone 12 pro max to S21 ultra. I like both phones, the ultra just to me has a better screen and size. Samsung does a really good job at using the full screen. Plus the feel of the ultra is nice. Things I liked about Apple was in the US multiple stores to go to if I have issues. Their software is theirs alone and any bugs they can fix quickly. Also not much issues with Apple. They just work and work for a long time. But they also get stale quickly. I'll probably switch back and forth as new ones come out bc I just can't stick to one lol

frankf10

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
Have you ever played around with pixel ui?

How close to that is one ui? From videos i've seen, it has a nice set of features, but the icons look and the horizontal scrolling of apps i'm not a fan of. And bixby would be #1 i'd shut off

I know there are launchers and add ons I can run to mimic pixel but would that drastically slow phone down?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Have you ever played around with pixel ui?

How close to that is one ui? From videos i've seen, it has a nice set of features, but the icons look and the horizontal scrolling of apps i'm not a fan of. And bixby would be #1 i'd shut off

I know there are launchers and add ons I can run to mimic pixel but would that drastically slow phone down?
Samsung UI is different from the pixels , but it's not bad and yes a launcher like Nova can mimic the pixel launcher, it won't slow device down and samsung themes is probably the best out there to further customize .

frankf10

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
tested out one ui for a short time...again, just a short time..but its only slight differences. may go with the 21+, 6.7 seemed huge but actually holding it compared to s21, its not.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I switched last week from IP12 to S21 Ultra. IOS seems to be buggy recently and wanted a change from the same old. same old that Apple offers. You can use the Google Assistant with the S21. I personally use the Action Launcher myself. One gripe that I have and maybe it is in the settings but. if. I saw Hey Google, the phone has to be unlocked to use it. Otherwise it works great and I love OneUI over IOS.

Also love the picture quality that comes out of the S21 Ultra over the IP12. Best Buy was having a good deal on the S21. It was 549 for the Verizon variant.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
tested out one ui for a short time...again, just a short time..but its only slight differences. may go with the 21+, 6.7 seemed huge but actually holding it compared to s21, its not.
S21 and s21+ definitely get the s21+ if you go that way

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Also if you opt for the S21+ consider the S21 ultra. You get much more for the additional cost of the Ultra which is about $100 now with all the sales. Better camera, better display and more RAM.

Blaalad12

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I have owned Samsung and Apple over the years and i am a fan of both. I don't buy into the whole Apple is better or Samsung is better drama. I truly think both are great. There is little between them in terms of performance in my opinion but i give Samsung the edge as i feel they give you more options/customisation at a slightly better price. I love apple but i always feel robbed when i buy from them. It really comes down to personal preference however. The biggest difference between them is arguably the notch, and UI which to be fair is top notch on Apple devices.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Honestly, I don't understand how you can use androids. I used different phones, even Chinese ones. However, in the end, I always returned to the iPhone because it is simply irreplaceable.
Really lol
I use both platforms , i favor Android way more .

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I don't understand how you can use androids. I used different phones, even Chinese ones. However, in the end, I always returned to the iPhone because it is simply irreplaceable.

To be fair, a lot of Android phones do take a bit more technical ability that, for example, someone who would resurrect a 6 month old thread just to be inflammatory might have trouble grasping.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
The S21 is going to be smallest. The Ultra feels and is heavy in class with iPhone Max. Price on Pixel 6 Pro is competitive.

Why model that's nearly year old? Price.

I'm running beta Android 12 One UI 4.

Battery life, I find my iPhone 12 Pro holds up best for me.

I'd have preferred Note 20 Ultra w S Pen. I has Note 20 and S20 and both were too small but liked how light they are.

I'd stick with Pixel 6 in your shoes.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
The S21 is going to be smallest. The Ultra feels and is heavy in class with iPhone Max. Price on Pixel 6 Pro is competitive.

Why model that's nearly year old? Price.

I'm running beta Android 12 One UI 4.

Battery life, I find my iPhone 12 Pro holds up best for me.

I'd have preferred Note 20 Ultra w S Pen. I has Note 20 and S20 and both were too small but liked how light they are.

I'd stick with Pixel 6 in your shoes.
It's funny you say the note 20 was too small for you when it's the same size as the 12 pro max(6.7). They're no huge screen difference between note 20 and note 20 Ultra. It's mainly build quality and cameras.

Jhstewa016

Jun 12, 2021
Visit site

Because a lot of us don't like to be told what to do with our devices LoL. We like to be able to have the option of making our phone our own, and not be limited to what the manufacturer gives us to use. Plus android UI has come a long way.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
You can't even select a custom ringtone with an iphone without jumping through hoops. No AOD, fingerprint reader and that ugly notch.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I own the S21 5G and I love this phone works great super fast and great photos. I also have the iPhone 13 and the iOS is great but the phone's operating system is much slower than an Android device.