Failed to update firmware

mreeveshp

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
This morning I tried to do the system update and I got a message saying "failed to update firmware visit a Samsung service center"

What could be causing that problem I have never had it in the past with any of my samsung phones. And when I looked up service centers the only one close by was a Verizon and I'm on spectrum so I don't know how they would be about servicing my phone.

I have tried multiple times to do the download all with the same result but my father's phone did it no problem, for some reason his does it automatic while mine doesn't even though I have it set to but I also have it set to do a restart on Sunday early morning so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

mreeveshp

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
That's what I wondered but I don't think it ever tried until I did it manually because in the past no matter if I set it to do automatically and I don't have my phone do a restart once a week I always had to do it manually while my fathers phone set up the same since I set up a lot of the settings on his has always done it automatically

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That's what I wondered but I don't think it ever tried until I did it manually because in the past no matter if I set it to do automatically and I don't have my phone do a restart once a week I always had to do it manually while my fathers phone set up the same since I set up a lot of the settings on his has always done it automatically
Ive seen other members in past have the same situation and helped them flash through odin to get rid of this , im not sure why this happened but only guessing but yeah call your provider or even ubrealitifix can help with this otherwise i can walk you through the steps .

mreeveshp

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
Ive seen other members in past have the same situation and helped them flash through odin to get rid of this , im not sure why this happened but only guessing but yeah call your provider or even ubrealitifix can help with this otherwise i can walk you through the steps .
I'll give them a call to see what they say, but if it's a simple process and you can help that would be amazing.

I know it's not a major update, probably just security update but I still want to keep it up to date.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'll give them a call to see what they say, but if it's a simple process and you can help that would be amazing.

I know it's not a major update, probably just security update but I still want to keep it up to date.
Ok let me know by tomorrow or whenever u can

mreeveshp

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
Will do, I'm going to call once I get off duty in the morning, is it an easy process? Just curious what all it might be. In some ways I'm hoping the spectrum store might be able to help though I doubt it since they just sell, I know the Verizon store does have a service counter but I've had problems with them in the past just changing phones

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Will do, I'm going to call once I get off duty in the morning, is it an easy process? Just curious what all it might be. In some ways I'm hoping the spectrum store might be able to help though I doubt it since they just sell, I know the Verizon store does have a service counter but I've had problems with them in the past just changing phones
It's not that bad just download firmware, Odin and placing them in correct slots , ubreakitifix is a authorized Samsung repair center and can do these things if your not comfortable.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

Any place you go to get your phone looked at, the first thing they're going to do is ask you to factory reset :-\ Flashing your firmware will wipe your device as well I believe... you might want to try the reset first and see if it fixes the problem.

You definitely want to be able to update your phone... that's a pretty important thing ;)

mreeveshp

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
Sorry I haven't got on here earlier, I haven't been able to call around yet. This morning around 7 my father was getting my mom ready somewhere and she passed out and was unconscious for several minutes, when she did become conscious she was very lethargic and her BP and pulse were almost unregisterable. So she was rushed to the ER and once I got off duty I rushed over, they don't know if it is related to her dementia or something else, they are still running tests, but she hasn't tried to move on her own unless she is given a sternum rub.

So right now my phone updating isn't as important but once we find out what is causing this and she's able to go home I will try to get the update figured out.

Thanks and sorry for not replying earlier

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Sorry I haven't got on here earlier, I haven't been able to call around yet. This morning around 7 my father was getting my mom ready somewhere and she passed out and was unconscious for several minutes, when she did become conscious she was very lethargic and her BP and pulse were almost unregisterable. So she was rushed to the ER and once I got off duty I rushed over, they don't know if it is related to her dementia or something else, they are still running tests, but she hasn't tried to move on her own unless she is given a sternum rub.

So right now my phone updating isn't as important but once we find out what is causing this and she's able to go home I will try to get the update figured out.

Thanks and sorry for not replying earlier
Yeah definitely tale care family first , hope everything going be ok , dont worry we still be here when ready.

mreeveshp

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
Yeah definitely tale care family first , hope everything going be ok , dont worry we still be here when ready.
Well they finally discharged my mother, it's been tough wanting to be their but still having to work 12 on 12 off shifts but if a call comes in right before shift end you got to go so a 12 hour shift goes longer plus we are still under covid protocol so cleaning the ambulance after each shift takes forever and we have had some rough calls the past couple days.

My phone keeps trying to update on its own but still getting the same error.

My shift was supposed to end at 0800 and it just ended so I'm going to try to get some sleep before my shift tonight and then probably try to call around but until we go back to 24 on 48 off, it might be easier to do myself depending on what you recommend.

Sorry for such a long post and sorry for the wait.
Thanks
Mreeveshp

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Well they finally discharged my mother, it's been tough wanting to be their but still having to work 12 on 12 off shifts but if a call comes in right before shift end you got to go so a 12 hour shift goes longer plus we are still under covid protocol so cleaning the ambulance after each shift takes forever and we have had some rough calls the past couple days.

My phone keeps trying to update on its own but still getting the same error.

My shift was supposed to end at 0800 and it just ended so I'm going to try to get some sleep before my shift tonight and then probably try to call around but until we go back to 24 on 48 off, it might be easier to do myself depending on what you recommend.

Sorry for such a long post and sorry for the wait.
Thanks
Mreeveshp
Yeah its not hard and i can walk you through the steps , let me know when your ready .
Glad your mom doing better

mreeveshp

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
Yeah its not hard and i can walk you through the steps , let me know when your ready .
Glad your mom doing better
Thank you, luckily it ended up being something I would have never guessed but from all the tests and blood work the only thing the doctors can figure is a UTI. Sadly she can't tell you what's wrong, what she's feeling, if she's happy or sad, she is just a shell that looks like my mother, in a lot of ways her health issues made me want to become a firefighter/paramedic.

I'm hoping to get the update done over the next couple days it just depends if I end up having to work past end of shift, during briefing tonight we were told we might go back to 24s this week which will be nice having days off to decompress especially after shifts like last nights.

I will keep you updated and probably move this to private messages if that's okay.

Thanks again
Mreeveshp

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo