Rumor: Specs blowout and release info

CrackBerry1526

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
If this thing doesn't ship till July, that means the carriers won't get it till October(They need the time to gimp the crap out of it). Hope everyone is planning on buying the world model. I will. All they have to give it:
1) A great camera
2) 32GB or Sd storage.
3) A very big or a replaceable battery.

and the usual over powered under utilized specs.

What are they odds they can't get this right? How about announcing a phone and shipping it 2 weeks later...Any chance? Samsung can do it for Apple...lets see if they can do it for themselves.

i agree with you on most part. but if the international version doesnt have LTE included, then i do not plan on buying it.

BEARD GANG

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
If this thing doesn't ship till July, that means the carriers won't get it till October(They need the time to gimp the crap out of it). Hope everyone is planning on buying the world model. I will. All they have to give it:
1) A great camera
2) 32GB or Sd storage.
3) A very big or a replaceable battery.

and the usual over powered under utilized specs.

What are they odds they can't get this right? How about announcing a phone and shipping it 2 weeks later...Any chance? Samsung can do it for Apple...lets see if they can do it for themselves.

Who knows maybe samsung has already managed this fine piece of engineering

solid_s_1117

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Weren't there rumors that Samsung was going to release the SGS3 earlier than usual for the US carriers?

Yes, Samsung has stated on numerous occasions that they plan to release their next flagship in the U.S. a lot sooner than the previous installment. This will be an attempt to avoid a repeat of the 4 or so month lapse between the global and U.S. launch of the GS II.

Jon_Cox

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. That's what's going to be the factor between me getting the SGS3 or the Evo 4G LTE. If it doesn't have that A15 chip inside, it's a no-go for me.

From what has been said about A15 production, I would almost guarantee that the SGS3 will not have it. All the news has pointed to a maybe Q3, but likely Q4 release for those chips. I would also like to see that kind of power in the new Galaxy but I just don't see it likely, especially given the news that they are wanting to release the US version of the handset earlier than previous releases.

Jon_Cox

May 26, 2010
Visit site
For me the new phone isn't about specs. Anyone can produce now a high spec phone. All higher specs do is make a slightly better device. Big deal. It must be about style and software integration. That is why the iPhone does so well. This is Samsung's chance to do an Apple. There is so much buzz about the new phone, I just hope it's a piece of art.

I'm in agreement with you. I think we have seen many manufacturers develop reasonably well-spec'd handsets of late, but the next big thing is to really improve build quality. I think the iPhone looks nice and frankly, a lot of people buy them because of build quality. This would be a great time for Samsung to show us something other than the standard black plastic slab. We'll see.

wphend00

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm in agreement with you. I think we have seen many manufacturers develop reasonably well-spec'd handsets of late, but the next big thing is to really improve build quality. I think the iPhone looks nice and frankly, a lot of people buy them because of build quality. This would be a great time for Samsung to show us something other than the standard black plastic slab. We'll see.

In order for Samsung to "Do an Apple" they would have to incude a very stable "Just works' OS out of the box.. That is what makes Apple, APPLE...
TO me, the HTC One-S and ONe-X are much better phones than anything APPLE has produced or WILL produce... but ICS hampers the handsets. Even the current crop of Google Tablets are better than Apple ones... Why do you think Apple is suing any and everyone they can get their hands on... because they are being threatened...

tjmc22

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm coming from a Droid X so I can't be easily disappointed. I just want a fast ass 4G phone with an HD screen and a good camera. I could care less about A9 or A15 whose really gunna notice the difference in everyday use? NO ONE! Whatever specs it has it's going to be the fastest phone out there for a few months at least and that's just how it is.

People will notice the difference in battery consumption, which will play a huge role in an average person's everyday use of the device. I agree, it may very well be the fastest phone for at least a few months in terms of performance but what will keep it at the top is how long the phone can remain unplugged with normal use without having to resort to battery saving methods or keeping the user in an overly battery conscious mindset.

UCLA 15

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
The one thing that will kill my interest in this is if it ends up following the trend of massive devices. The One X is sure thin, but I simply cannot get a device that is as long and wide as that. The next thing manufacturers need to work on is getting 4.5"+ displays on their devices without making them abnormally large-smaller bezels will change the game. If the SGS3 is just another 4.7" display phone that is well over 5" in length and approaching 3" in width, I'll have no interest. I find it strange that everyone is all gaga about thin phones but it seems like few people care about the length+width that affect how well your phone fits in your pocket.

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
The one thing that will kill my interest in this is if it ends up following the trend of massive devices. The One X is sure thin, but I simply cannot get a device that is as long and wide as that. The next thing manufacturers need to work on is getting 4.5"+ displays on their devices without making them abnormally large-smaller bezels will change the game. If the SGS3 is just another 4.7" display phone that is well over 5" in length and approaching 3" in width, I'll have no interest. I find it strange that everyone is all gaga about thin phones but it seems like few people care about the length+width that affect how well your phone fits in your pocket.

I agree in the sense that phones are getting a little over board...the note is just HUGE. That said the One X is almost the same size as the SII...I have them both sitting on my desk and the width is exactly the same, the height is close with the one x being about a quarter inch longer. Most people love the SII and the One X is on par size wise (these are both Rogers versions)

I am hoping this SIII does have a 4.7" screen however is the same size as the SII will less bezel

Last edited:

cryosx

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I hope they somehow improved battery consumption on white pages with their new screen or just made it more battery friendly overall. It would also be nice if it looked better than slcd2. I guess it doesn't matter if they shove a huge battery in and get 8 plus hours of battery life off of web browsing. If it doesn't get at least 7 hours then i'm not sure if id buy this phone. Hopefully samsung doesn't let the razr maxx /iphone beat the sgs3 at battery life

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I hope they somehow improved battery consumption on white pages with their new screen or just made it more battery friendly overall. It would also be nice if it looked better than slcd2. I guess it doesn't matter if they shove a huge battery in and get 8 plus hours of battery life off of web browsing. If it doesn't get at least 7 hours then i'm not sure if id buy this phone. Hopefully samsung doesn't let the razr maxx /iphone beat the sgs3 at battery life

it will most likely have good battery life, maybe not as good as the maxx because of its higher specs, but it should be good

CrackBerry1526

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

if the new GS3 gets the quad core exynos processer, its supposed to have crazy battery optimization. i think we can expect a good battery life, maybe 8-9 hrs of web surfing

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The uglier the prototype, the prettier the final product! At least that's what I tell myself at night so I can sleep after seeing pics like that. I think the physical home button is just there as a decoy so people think it's the s2. Why waste space for that thing if it has virtual ics buttons.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
true, this may be a mid spec'd device

That would make no sense at all, not in the position samsung is in right now, especially how long it took them to get into this position. All the secrecy, all the hype, it has to live up to it and it will have to stand toe to toe with the next iphone and win. Mediocre makes no sense.

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
That would make no sense at all, not in the position samsung is in right now, especially how long it took them to get into this position. All the secrecy, all the hype, it has to live up to it and it will have to stand toe to toe with the next iphone and win. Mediocre makes no sense.

The i9300 (device in pic) might be a mid range device, but there is also a i9800 that may be the sgs3, that's what I meant

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty