It is obvious that the HTC One X is a better phone than the S3

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: It is obvious that the HTC One X is a better phone than the S

Since I got dragged into this clusterfook of a thread again...

I have both versions sitting here in front of me. Performance wise, running the same exact apps, there is no difference -- except the Qualcomm powered version gets about 40% better battery life.

Feel free to procure them both and see for yourself.

I'm not a fan of any of these companies. They all will say and do anything to take your money.

I've definitely played with the t mobile version that belonged to an acquaintance of mine. I definitely do see more choppiness in the web browsing. There is no doubt about it, will the app load up just as fast? Sure it does because I believe the S3 chip has better pipeline compared to the exynos, but the exynos is just plan smoother to me. Its like some people back than was saying a human eye could not see more than 24 fps which is why movies are shot at around that many frames. Well we sure as hell can tell the difference between 30 fps and 60 fps and if you have a highend enough computer 120 frames per second. Some people honestly can't tell the difference between them. I will admit that I don't notice the pentile effects on my Super AMOLDED screen unless I try really hard to look for it, and I for sure as hell can't see it on the Galaxy Nexus, but it really bothers some people. I guess the lack of smoothness bothers me on the S3 powered GS2's like how pentile screen bothers some people.

I have made my points enough times, and I hope that I did not offend any body in particular. I will now bow out of this thread since it seems pretty de railed already.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

*Head starts to spin and self destruct from the pandemonium in this forum*

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

I spent some time with the HOX and I must say it's impressive. Especially when you compare it to my Skyrocket. Screen is more colorful. The text on the browser and in the messaging app looks much better. Few things I didn't like though. The charger port on the side just isn't for me. I also didn't notice the phone to be any faster than my skyrocket. I download some apps side by side, loaded some pages on the browser, etc. But the biggest issue for me was the lack of the menu button. That's gonna take some major "getting used to". Lol

giograves

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Whewwww

You guys lost me a few pages ago back when feel and user experience where more important than the CPU inside.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

Any thread that says obvious is doing a "captain morgan" easy....

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

I think your reply gives a good sense of how diverse the android community is. To me, rooting my phone is probably something I won't do. For those that are rooters, it sounds like Samsung may be a better option. My view of my phone changed when I got my xoom. The things that are important to me are ease of use, a good stable UI, and the ability to take and share great pics/video. In those respects I think the Evo is a better choice. I don't know that I would say the video on the GS3 is much higher quality. I believe the GS3 has a higher frame rate, but the reviews of the one x and evo video have been very good, and the evo has a dedicated camera chip which will no doubt make the picture and video taking experience better. As for a plastic body being better, all I can say is HUH? I'll take cnc'd aluminum with anodizing every single time over machined plastic. I bet the majority of the rest of the world would too.

And when you drop your phone by accident and DENT that cnc'd aluminum with anodized, come back to us and let us know how it goes! :p

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
There is not a chance the s3 display beats the One X. Same for the camera.

Can we not let this just die?
Nothing better to do than repeating same arguments over and over.
Have you seen the SGSIII screen in person?
No? Didn't think so.
Since you obviously seem to have no real interest in the SGS3, I suggest you go here:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one-series/

Enjoy and have a great evening!!

Reactions: jcp007 and Premium1

snoopyandroid

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

According to GSMArena.com, the camera is better. At the end of the comparison, they found that the winner is Android. Both phones do everything well, one does some things better and the other one does some other things better and then both phones do things just as well.

The only reason someone picks the X over the S3 or visa versa is their own personal reason. I will pick the S3 over the X because it fits my needs better than the X, that's all. The X is a great phone, but not for me.

snoopyandroid

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

"We were pleased with the video capture on the HTC One X. But the Galaxy S III is just too good to compete with - the resolved detail in the Galaxy S III videos is incredible and they are very smooth with accurate colors."

"Overall, it's hard to see beyond the Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III for the winner in the video recording category. The One X produces decent clips, but those are nowhere near the S III standard."

"As you can see from the crops, in good lighting the Galaxy S III tends to produce images with more detail than both its predecessor and the HTC One X."

"The processing algorithm of the new Samsung flagship is much more mature, too - it introduces very few oversharpening artifacts and loses little detail, while still managing to keep the noise under control. The One X on the other hand is a bit too aggressive with the sharpening and isn't doing nearly as good a job of removing the noise."

"And there go a couple of more shots, which tell a similar story. Differences aren't huge, but the Galaxy S III still has an edge."

"It's interesting to note that the HTC One X frames pictures differently from the video so you always end up with a result with a wider field of view. So if you've framed your video just right and think what you see is what you'll get you'd be wrong. The Galaxy S III in-video shots on have the same framing as the video.

In good light, the two smartphones resolve about the same amount of detail here, but the One X has better contrast and it sharpens its images more aggressively, which makes its output look punchier. The Galaxy S III still has slightly better color reproduction, though.

Things get vastly different in low light, when the bright F/2.0 optics of One X count big time. In such conditions the HTC flagship crushes its opponent, producing images with far less noise and much better contrast."

"The Galaxy S III uses its resolution advantage to easily outdo the HTC One X in the first two charts. The two are much more evenly matched on the last studio challenge, but the S III shot has far less noise there."

I'd say the S3 camera is better than the X.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Can we not let this just die?
Nothing better to do than repeating same arguments over and over.
Have you seen the SGSIII screen in person?
No? Didn't think so.
Since you obviously seem to have no real interest in the SGS3, I suggest you go here:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one-series/

Enjoy and have a great evening!!

I have seen the screen since it is EXACTLY THE SAME as the one on my galaxy nexus, just with worse pixel density.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
"We were pleased with the video capture on the HTC One X. But the Galaxy S III is just too good to compete with - the resolved detail in the Galaxy S III videos is incredible and they are very smooth with accurate colors."

"Overall, it's hard to see beyond the Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III for the winner in the video recording category. The One X produces decent clips, but those are nowhere near the S III standard."

"As you can see from the crops, in good lighting the Galaxy S III tends to produce images with more detail than both its predecessor and the HTC One X."

"The processing algorithm of the new Samsung flagship is much more mature, too - it introduces very few oversharpening artifacts and loses little detail, while still managing to keep the noise under control. The One X on the other hand is a bit too aggressive with the sharpening and isn't doing nearly as good a job of removing the noise."

"And there go a couple of more shots, which tell a similar story. Differences aren't huge, but the Galaxy S III still has an edge."

"It's interesting to note that the HTC One X frames pictures differently from the video so you always end up with a result with a wider field of view. So if you've framed your video just right and think what you see is what you'll get you'd be wrong. The Galaxy S III in-video shots on have the same framing as the video.

In good light, the two smartphones resolve about the same amount of detail here, but the One X has better contrast and it sharpens its images more aggressively, which makes its output look punchier. The Galaxy S III still has slightly better color reproduction, though.

Things get vastly different in low light, when the bright F/2.0 optics of One X count big time. In such conditions the HTC flagship crushes its opponent, producing images with far less noise and much better contrast."

"The Galaxy S III uses its resolution advantage to easily outdo the HTC One X in the first two charts. The two are much more evenly matched on the last studio challenge, but the S III shot has far less noise there."

I'd say the S3 camera is better than the X.

Yeah no. I'll take an f/2.0 lens and separate imaging processor over the S3's f/2.6 any day of the week.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Every review I have seen has stated it is NOT the same screen as the nexus.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Samsung claims they altered the space between the sub pixels, but every hands on says there is no difference. Other than that, it is the same display.

snoopyandroid

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

Both screens are excellent. The X may have an edge, but you can't tell the difference.

"Still, both densities are high enough that you won't notice in regular usage. You can see slight jaggines on finer detail displayed on the S III screen but you have to look from extremely close range and quite carefully at that."

"Super AMOLED has very deep blacks, vibrant colors and excellent viewing angles. There's some color shift when you reach the extremes, but the icons and text remain almost perfectly clear. Samsung's software also allows you to adjust the saturation - you get to choose from four levels of saturation raging from super punchy to slightly toned down.

The One X's IPS LCD2 screen is about 66% brighter than the opposition. It has excellent color rendering and viewing angles. The blacks aren't quite as deep as what the AMOLED has to offer, but the contrast ratio is high enough to make this almost a non-issue."

"the HTC One X is very good for an LCD and the excellent brightness contributes to that, but the non-reflectivity of the AMOLED screen gives the Samsung Galaxy S III the edge. In fact, the Galaxy S III emerges from our tests as the best outdoor performer we have seen to date."

"Both Samsung and HTC have turned to Corning to keep their lustrous screens safe. But the Galaxy S III uses second-gen Gorilla Glass while the One X sticks with the original. According to Corning, Glass 2 offers the same level of protection, though it's slimmer"

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shao61